4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kidtkd73, Junior Member on 1st August 2014, 11:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th November 2015, 06:29 PM |#141  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,724

More
I've had my N12 for three months and have only used it on Lollipop. The screen flickered under certain lighting conditions when auto-brightness would lower the brightness in response to changing lighting conditions. I don't know if that's the same issue everyone else is/was facing. Based on how it occurred I thought it was a graphics driver or sensor issue. It was. I upgraded yesterday to the latest European (OXX) ROM and the flickering went away. So you might want to Odin upgrade your N12 with the latest ROM before performing surgery on it and voiding your warranty.

7th February 2016, 01:54 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Try pressing the back of the note pro over the Samsung logo I have found that it works(did for me) it's a loose battery connector issue samsung cheap build, I know anyway if you have tried that and are frustrated of touching the Samsung logo again and again as the issue reappears then I suggest pull the back cover (use youtube) and unplug battery connector and plug it back again if you are unsure then just push battery connector downwards a little. I have tried all and first my note pro used to flicker at 46% battery level now hasn't flickered once till even 6% battery level moreover I can also say that battery life and performance has dramatically in proved as well!!!( By the way used geek bench and an tutu to compare) Hope it helps!! 'cause it sure did for me!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Osama chohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Osama chohan Ad-Free
7th February 2016, 07:12 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama chohan

Try pressing the back of the note pro over the Samsung logo I have found that it works(did for me) it's a loose battery connector issue samsung cheap build, I know anyway if you have tried that and are frustrated of touching the Samsung logo again and again as the issue reappears then I suggest pull the back cover (use youtube) and unplug battery connector and plug it back again if you are unsure then just push battery connector downwards a little.

If you don't know how to solder, a silver conductive epoxy might work to fix this cracked battery connector. But re solder still is the best fix and it takes only under 5 to 10 minutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beut Ad-Free
23rd February 2016, 12:46 PM |#144  
Flag CHATENAY MALABRY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjo78

i created this video of best to my knowledge...

youtube.com/watch?v=CvxbVft69Kg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hi all,

After reading all posts found on the Web about this issue, I tried everything :
- upgrade to 5.1
- change settings as recommended

But after all, nothing worked.
I got a Note Pro 12.2 since 2 years now and just a few days after end of warranty, I started to get the flickering issue.
Like others, the tablet works perfectly until it reaches under 80% of battery.

If I use an application that do not require high CPU or GPU (like comics reader or watching a movie), the tablet can work correctly without flickering (and rebooting).
But if I'm under 20% of battery, I got full issues and reboots.
If I use a game (clash of clan or others), I got immediatly the flickering issue if I'm under 80% of battery.
And if I plug the battery to power, no problem at all, I can play of do anything without fickering.

I saw with these posts that it would be a hardware issue so I would take a chance and try by myself to correct it.
So I watched videos that explain how to open, then I would have a look about the recommandation to install piece of plastic to raise up motherboard.
But video is not available anymore and I don't understand where to install the piece of plastic.
I saw " install a thin plastic shim under the mother board to the right of the battery connector" but I don't really understand how and where ?

Since I opened my tablet, to disconnect and reconnect cables (battery, LCD and Wifi), my tablet works perfectly !
I could do a full charge, and use the tablet with games until the tablet had no power without any flickering or others issues.
But I would like to be sure by installing the piece of plastic.

Is there anyone that still have the video of peterjo78 ?
Of would it be possible to get a picture that shows where the piece of plastic should be installed ?

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to luffy092 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luffy092 Ad-Free
25th February 2016, 07:25 AM |#145  
Flag Arusha

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=theliner;54709411]Enable Developer Mode (Google it)
In Developer Options
Force GPU Rendering : Enable (Check)
Turn off Hardware overlays : Enable (Check)

Thanks let me try it out then i will update you of the progress

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

[QUOTE=chumvi;65509364]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theliner

Enable Developer Mode (Google it)
In Developer Options

no change the problem is still there
25th February 2016, 04:21 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
[QUOTE=chumvi;65509364][QUOTE=theliner;54709411]Enable Developer Mode (Google it)
In Developer Options

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumvi

no change the problem is still there

It's a hardware problem: cracked battery connector 's solder joints. Nothing is related to software.
Samsung do the same thing to fix this issue:
1- Re solder battery connector ( black, male soldered to mainboard )
2- Fix the female, white battery connector ( white with 6 wires )
I already posted how to fix these battery connectors and I won't repeat here.
You should read the thread " Flickering Screen ", only the last few pages. other pages just guessing solutions... like raising the mainboard. I cannot
understand why people don't read and still looking for this deleted video when the poster did it and didn't understand why the tablet stopped flickering.
Last edited by Beut; 26th February 2016 at 12:10 AM.
24th March 2016, 04:48 PM |#147  
Flag Varna

More
Hello. After some reading and testing of one Samsung SM-T900 I found the same thing as Beut says - cracked soldering on the connector. I resoldered all the pins and now since last 10 hours of testing it it is OK. No restarts, no flickering on the screen.
Posting picture from my microscope of the problem before resoldering.
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160324_151038s3.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	3694725  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)