Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] p900 cannot download files to external sd card in dolphin

Tip us?

tmord1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] p900 cannot download files to external sd card in dolphin

I have a SM-P900 that is rooted and running TWRP 2.7,1.0 I have performed the manual hacks to the platform.hml file and rebooted my apps can now write to the external card (ie word, titanium write to sd card fine ) However, if I download a file in dolphin and try to change the download location to the external card, I get the following message:"can't find file or directory. Please ake sure your card is ready and usb mas storage is turned off" is there any way to download files from a browser directly to the external sd card? Would greatly appreciate any advice

Android.Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmord1 View Post
I have a SM-P900 that is rooted and running TWRP 2.7,1.0 I have performed the manual hacks to the platform.hml file and rebooted my apps can now write to the external card (ie word, titanium write to sd card fine ) However, if I download a file in dolphin and try to change the download location to the external card, I get the following message:"can't find file or directory. Please ake sure your card is ready and usb mas storage is turned off" is there any way to download files from a browser directly to the external sd card? Would greatly appreciate any advice
I've come across this exact same issue as well. It wants to download to the internal memory and then you have to move it to the external memory. Trying to figure this out as well.

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.

tmord1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android.Ninja View Post
I've come across this exact same issue as well. It wants to download to the internal memory and then you have to move it to the external memory. Trying to figure this out as well.

Please post back if you figure it out, I thought I was the only one with this issue. I'll do the same if I have any luck. Thanks