[Q]

OP wargear

28th July 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag pensacola fla
Thanks Meter: 29

129 posts
More
I've been using a note 10.1 with cm11 but want to upgrade to the 12.2 as the price drops. Touchwiz has so much overhead and lard built in I'd rather run an aosp ROM curiously even though it's been on the market now for almost a year why isn't there more custom ROMs avail?
28th July 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 340

1,024 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargear

I've been using a note 10.1 with cm11 but want to upgrade to the 12.2 as the price drops. Touchwiz has so much overhead and lard built in I'd rather run an aosp ROM curiously even though it's been on the market now for almost a year why isn't there more custom ROMs avail?

It came out in February so more like 5 months. The reason you do not see more roms or development is mostly the high cost of the device. Other than that why would you pay the high price for a device like this just to run CM and lose all of its best features.
28th July 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 184

805 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

It came out in February so more like 5 months. The reason you do not see more roms or development is mostly the high cost of the device. Other than that why would you pay the high price for a device like this just to run CM and lose all of its best features.

This basically nails it I think. While a Galaxy Note phone or smaller, cheaper note tablet is within a reasonable price range moving up beyond $500 is a bit of a stretch. Sure refurbished and used Wi-Fi versions of the pro can be had for less but that doesn't mean developers will come in droves.

In terms of difficulty of developing I doubt it differs from the 10.1 inch 2014 version.

I personally wouldn't want to run CM on this thing if it meant losing some of the s-pen integration like popup menus and pen window. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I hate about touchwiz but there's some functionality for the notes that are critical IMO.
3rd August 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag pensacola fla
Thanks Meter: 29

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996

This basically nails it I think. While a Galaxy Note phone or smaller, cheaper note tablet is within a reasonable price range moving up beyond $500 is a bit of a stretch. Sure refurbished and used Wi-Fi versions of the pro can be had for less but that doesn't mean developers will come in droves.

In terms of difficulty of developing I doubt it differs from the 10.1 inch 2014 version.

I personally wouldn't want to run CM on this thing if it meant losing some of the s-pen integration like popup menus and pen window. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I hate about touchwiz but there's some functionality for the notes that are critical IMO.

Legitimate points all round.. However, many of us could care less about s-pen functionality and want a larger crisper display for streaming and things not related to notes etc..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread