Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Spen recognition warps in one particular spot. Calibration issue or am I in for it?

OP Tsk_Tsk_Tsk

3rd September 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

97 posts
More
I have been noticing now that I'm back in school a zone about 2/3 to the left and 2/3 up from bottom of the screen where the pen is read higher or lower than it actually is depend on where in this spot you are. It's about the size of a circus peanut and it's driving me ballistic. Is the a way to recalibrate the spen or am I going to have to get this repaired. Rooted.
3rd September 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

97 posts
More
Sorry from the left**
3rd September 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #3  
Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 88

226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsk_Tsk_Tsk

I have been noticing now that I'm back in school a zone about 2/3 to the left and 2/3 up from bottom of the screen where the pen is read higher or lower than it actually is depend on where in this spot you are. It's about the size of a circus peanut and it's driving me ballistic. Is the a way to recalibrate the spen or am I going to have to get this repaired. Rooted.

Please be careful but I found the on another thread and was able to get S pen working again by using it:

"dial *#2663# (type from the telephone application) and Wacom firmware update (kernel) --> to restore the spen working"

These upgrades may or may not work for you. Best of luck.
3rd September 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

97 posts
More
Thanks yeah i have the past so no dialer here =(. I'll have to investigate the firmware update
3rd September 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 201

870 posts
If your tablet is in a case take the tablet out of your case and retest.

There are many that use hidden magnets embedded within them either for assisting in keeping them closed, making them adjustable (stand positions) or to turn on/off the screen when opened. These tablets are sensitive to magnetic fields and the S-Pen will be affected by magnetic fields as well. Even if you don't suspect that your case has any magnets at all go ahead and remove the tablet anyway just to see.

Post your results.
Last edited by muzzy996; 3rd September 2014 at 11:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

97 posts
More
If you were here I would kiss you. That was totally it. It was such a strange spot I didn't even consider it. <3
4th September 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #7  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 201

870 posts
Yeah I pulled my hair out trying to figure it out myself. My Belkin case does it. Glad I could help.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread