Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] screen on after charging

Tip us?

DFresh12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] screen on after charging

Please see attached. While the tablet is plugged in, once fully charged the screen turns on and stays on like in the attachment. How do I fix without a factory reset? It hasn't always done this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140712_072840-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	2847759  

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Settings > Device > Display > Turn off Daydream.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

DFresh12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x View Post
Settings > Device > Display > Turn off Daydream.

Good lord I feel like an idiot. I don't remember turning that on. Thanks for the response. Case closed.

DFresh12
Old
(Last edited by DFresh12; 13th July 2014 at 05:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm glad dodo99x responded before Samsung support did because this is what they told me to do:

Thank you for contacting Samsung. I understand that the Tablet displays color when it is fully charged. Thank you for helping by providing screen shot of the issue. To isolate the issue, please press and hold power button for 50 seconds and check for the issue. If the issue persists, please reset the Tablet by following the instructions mentioned below:

Please note that the reset process will delete all the personal data. I recommend you to take a backup of the personal data on an external hard drive.

After backup, please follow the steps below to perform Factory Reset:

-Please press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and turn off the tab.
-Press and hold Power button and the Volume button which is near to the power button. The Android system recovery menu appears.
-Press the Volume Up or Down button to select “wipe data/factory reset”, and then press the Power button to make your selection.
-Press the Volume Up or Down button to select “Yes – delete all user data”, and then press the Power button to make your selection.
-When the reset is complete, press the volume Up or Down button to select “reboot system now”, and then press the Power button to make your selection.

I hope the above provided information helps you. If you have any questions, please get back to us with the same reference ID, we will be glad to assist you 24/7.

Click on the live chat link where it states “For Immediate assistance with a live agent, you can chat with us here” and provide either the customer reference ID or response ID listed at the top of our email response.

If you would wish to reply via email, please click on the “Click here” link shown below in the Content Feedback section at the bottom of the email where it states, “If you have additional inquiries related to your original email, please click here”

We have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern.
For Immediate assistance with a live agent,
you can chat with us
here

Samsung’s Social Media Team is available to assist with providing up-to-date information or answering
questions 9AM to 10PM EST (Mon – Fri).
Visit us on Facebook
Visit us on Twitter
For support by phone, you can reach us at 1-800-SAMSUNG

Thank you for being a Samsung Customer!
SamsungOnline Support

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Uugh... Standard canned response. ie: "Did you reboot?", "Yes?", "Reformat your device. "

So stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to dodo99x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 737
That's what happens when you ask a question to people who are hired off the street with no knowledge of technology, read off a computer-based manual and aren't even officially working for the company.

All large companies outsource their customer service. Asking a tech-related question of them is a severe waste of time.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

DFresh12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I learned my lesson. I'll always seek user forums even if it means getting flamed for being stupid before going to manufacturer support.