Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SM-P900 rooted, want to avoid Samsung updates

Tip us?

angus454
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] SM-P900 rooted, want to avoid Samsung updates

So I'm all freshly rooted on the mighty P900 ( CF + Odin 3.9 combo worked ) and would like to keep it that way. I've flashed TWRP and have a back up completed, already turned off auto-update ... is there any need to freeze any additional apps to keep Samsung from undoing all the fun? Thanks!

rainabba
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus454 View Post
So I'm all freshly rooted on the mighty P900 ( CF + Odin 3.9 combo worked ) and would like to keep it that way. I've flashed TWRP and have a back up completed, already turned off auto-update ... is there any need to freeze any additional apps to keep Samsung from undoing all the fun? Thanks!
For anyone wondering, I couldn't find a way to stop the NE4 update nags so I enabled SuperSU survival mode (not sure that mattered), installed the update and I was able to re-root with TowelRoot, reboot, open SuperSU and let it to do its thing, then reboot again and now I'm fully rooted on NE4. I should clarify that I'm on 905V so your milage may vary on other versions, but I wouldn't imagine so.
You know where to find me though it's a bit quiet there these days.

najoor
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus454 View Post
To remove security updater see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35642080102116

Do more extensive disabling of the updates have a look at this one (this is for P900 but you can easily apply it to P900 as well) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797540
The Following User Says Thank You to najoor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]