FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q&A] [TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.0.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 9/16

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 24th October 2014, 12:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Q&A for [TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.0.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 9/16

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.0.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 9/16. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

24th October 2014, 12:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
2.7 didn't work at all on sm-p905, 2.8 is just perfect!
Many thanks!
3rd November 2014, 07:33 PM |#3  

More
Hello, sorry for the stupid question, but I am just learning about all of this stuff
If I install the TWRP custom recovery on my P901 Note Pro 12.2, will I be able to go back to the stock recovery?
For example, will flashing the official stock firmware from SamMobile also cause the TWRP custom recovery to revert to stock recovery?
Many thanks in advance
4th November 2014, 05:59 AM |#4  
Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indotoonster

Hello, sorry for the stupid question, but I am just learning about all of this stuff
If I install the TWRP custom recovery on my P901 Note Pro 12.2, will I be able to go back to the stock recovery?
For example, will flashing the official stock firmware from SamMobile also cause the TWRP custom recovery to revert to stock recovery?
Many thanks in advance

Yes, it will.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcadia2uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 06:05 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadia2uk

Yes, it will.

Ahh, thanks for the confirmation
4th November 2014, 07:55 AM |#6  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Has there been any change in the cache partition formatting time between version 2.7.1.0 and the current version? AFAIK the make_ext4fs function takes some time to complete (more than 10 minutes).
5th November 2014, 10:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Do I need to root before I put TWRP? or will TWRP add the root for me to flash othe rROMs ?
7th November 2014, 10:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000

Do I need to root before I put TWRP? or will TWRP add the root for me to flash othe rROMs ?

You don't need root to flash TWRP! after flashing TWRP, you can install chainfire Supersu zip installer from TWRP to root the tablet!
2nd December 2014, 07:51 AM |#9  

More
twrp for sm-900. I don't happen to see this download there?
I am all rooted and it's great but I would like to install twrp on the SM-900. The thread title says it works on both CPUs but but when I flash the DL from the link proved it doesn't work. I also don't see a specific sm-900 file. Does the SM-900 actually accept TWRP atm? thank you.
2nd December 2014, 12:22 PM |#10  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 79

More
This is for the SM-P900 Note Pro 12.2, SM-900 is the Note 3
8th December 2014, 05:24 PM |#11  

More
thank u so much
twrp rocks
i use it for SM-P901
works great