OP Mokum020

11th February 2015, 09:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 62

88 posts
More

LolliTab Home Screen & Popup Widgets

In anticipation of the upcoming Lollipop release and to get thru the winter months I have created a Material design inspired Zooper Widget/Popup Widget home screen replacement for the Tab S 10.5 LTE (SM-T805) wich I would like to share with the community.

The widgets can be used on other 2560x1600 screen tablets like the Note Pro or tablets without LTE but then some of the functions won't be available.

This home screen is intended to be used in landscape orientation. The popup widgets also can be used seperatly/standalone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LolliTab_Home_screen.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	3161002

The home screen is one big Zooper widget (wallpaper is seperate) and a Simple RSS widget for the Latest news headline.

Zooper home screen widget options

● Calendar widget with the 3 upcoming events in detail and events planned for the week for any calendar suppported by Zooper.

● Background of the calendar changes according to the weather conditions.

● Eight shortcuts to the most used programs, icons and shortcuts can be easely changed to your own favourites.

● Google (voice) search button.

● Shortcuts to Phone, Messaging and e-mail with l.e.d. like missed/unread notifications.

● Simple system info widget for battery, alarm, data and wifi status with status icons.

● Simple local weather widget with Plex weather icons, windspeed in Beaufort and accurate wind direction.

● Simple RSS latest news headline widget with images if provided by the feed.

● Simple music player widget with album art for any music player supported by Media Utilities Beta.

All four "simple" widgets have a menu button wich opens a popup widget sliding in from the right with detailed information.

Popup widgets

Name:	LolliTab_System_info.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	3161003
System info with detailed battery status, network status, system status/info and toggles.

Name:	LolliTab_Local_weather.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	3161004
Local weather with dewpoint, windrose, moon phases and detailed 5 day forecast with graphs.

Name:	LolliTab_Latest_news.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	3161005
Latest news with scrollable national and worldwide RSS feeds with images if provided by the feed.

Name:	LolliTab_Music_player.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	3161025
Music player with "working" turntable, spectrum VU meters and remote control for any music player supported by Media Utilities.
(Be aware that the music player popup widget is very resource heavy)

Required programs for the home screen

Required programs for the popup widgets
Popup Widget 2

Power Toggles
For the toggles in the System info and Music player popup widgets.

Music VU Visualizer
For the spectrum VU meters in the Music player.

Anymote Smart IR Remote
Only if you plan on using the IR remote section of the Music player.

Sorus Icon Pack
For the icons of your apps in the app drawer.

Credits
@Adam Whitcroft for Climacons centered. @all of the Zooper community for the tips and tricks.
@AndroidFileHost for hosting the files.
@cornmanthe3rd/Kwerdenker for the Plex weather icons.
@mycolorscreen for Zooper Widgets/Simple RSS Widget/Media Utilities Beta.
@preston McAfee/jtgd for the Simple Moon phase icons.
@scootys for the Abstract blue wallpaper.

If I forgot to mention someone please send me a pm.

All (backup) files to setup the different programs settings and a step by step setup guide are included in the zip file.

Download link
Last edited by Mokum020; 11th February 2015 at 10:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mokum020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2015, 09:28 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam

88 posts
More
Reserved
17th February 2015, 02:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 23

109 posts
More
Thank you for releasing this! I'm looking forward to checking it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to angus454 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2015, 05:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I followed your detailed instructions. The one thing I noticed was in Zooper Widgets when I load a theme it states that Imported Template Corrupted. Also when I select the icon for internet nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
26th February 2015, 02:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshahn42

I followed your detailed instructions. The one thing I noticed was in Zooper Widgets when I load a theme it states that Imported Template Corrupted. Also when I select the icon for internet nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Never had that error message, so I have to guess, is this only with my templates?
Do you use the latest version of Zooper Pro and did you unzip the templates and put them in the correct Zooper templates folder?

The icon for internet is set up for the browser I use wich is Dolphin, if you use another browser, in your app drawer tap and hold the icon of your browser app untill you can swipe it to Edit in the top right corner of the screen (you might have to disable Nova Desktop Lock first) change the icon to the one in the Icon-Wallpaper folder of LolliTab and replace the icon on the homescreen with this one.
Last edited by Mokum020; 26th February 2015 at 02:45 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, note pro, widgets
Previous Thread Next Thread