Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 54,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Very long pause while saving in Lecturenotes

Tip us?

petercohen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Very long pause while saving in Lecturenotes

Hello, I am trying out the app. Whenever "Save changed page Writing notebook files" happens, it takes a long long pause (about 8-10 seconds). To check if it is due to lots of apps running at the same time, I closed all the possible apps. Then, I launched Lecturenotes, created a new notebook, and imported an image. Same long pause in saving. Do you have the same problem?

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen View Post
Hello, I am trying out the app. Whenever "Save changed page Writing notebook files" happens, it takes a long long pause (about 8-10 seconds). To check if it is due to lots of apps running at the same time, I closed all the possible apps. Then, I launched Lecturenotes, created a new notebook, and imported an image. Same long pause in saving. Do you have the same problem?
Yep it's normal, not a problem. While it is updating the app is writing to a handful of files. Depending on the complexity of your notebook the save time will get longer and longer if you have edits on multiple pages. Each page is saved as a separate PNG file and some text and XML files get updated as you make changes to the notebook as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

petercohen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But I only have one page and an imported image in my notebook. Is it still normal to take 8-10 seconds to save? This is a hugh turn off.

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Yeah its an annoyance. Try asking here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1474744

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk