Google Giving Away Inbox Invites for the Next 24 Hours

Google’s biggest email rethink since the launch of Gmail, Inbox, was launched as … more

Get Extra Note 3 (5.0) Features with this Mod

Dislike the S-Finder and Search buttons in your notification shade? Want to customize your … more

MIT Startup Could Double Battery Life

SolidEnergy, a startup spawnedby the work ofMIT researchers, is looking to double the energy density of … more

UK Users Can Now Send Money Right from Gmail

Even though Google Wallet is not officially available in the UK, earlier today Google announced … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Microsoft Office Mobile on Note PRO 12.2 LTE

OP petercohen

4th January 2015, 10:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

135 posts
Could anybody please show us how to install Microsoft Office Mobile on the Note PRO 12.2 LTE? I keep getting an error saying that the app cannot be installed since the device is not a phone.
6th January 2015, 03:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen

Could anybody please show us how to install Microsoft Office Mobile on the Note PRO 12.2 LTE? I keep getting an error saying that the app cannot be installed since the device is not a phone.

From what I've seen on the G+ community, you can install it but it will only function as a viewer on devices over 10". Because of that I have not bothered with it, but I will look and see what I can find out for you.

EDIT: It installed fine for me, but it does function only as a viewer with an Office 365 subscription. To install, I just opened the Google + app. Went to the Microsoft Office for Android Tablets group. You will need to join it if you haven't already. Once you have accessed the group, click the drop down on the header and follow the links in the instructions to become a tester and install the apps.
Last edited by dragunbayne; 6th January 2015 at 04:06 AM.
17th January 2015, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag aligarh
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen

I have read it somewhere that it is only for the tablet with a size of 7 inch to 10 inch. So you have to wait till ms comes up a new version for all kinda devices.
18th January 2015, 04:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 65

337 posts
More
I just downloaded Word, Excel, and Powerpoint from the Play Store and it runs great on the Note Pro. I have a valid Office365 Subscription and I must say it's actually much better than the Hancom suite that's on the tablet.
18th January 2015, 06:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

65 posts
tdetroit, can you save a file to the SD card with those programs? I'm having a heck of a time trying to save a file using hancon or office suite 8. Both of those can not save to the SD card because of kitKat. Office Suite doesn't even save back to Dropbox and once you open a file that was on a SD card it seems impossible to save it anywhere. Until this problem is fixed, we can never use this tablet for real work stuff.
Last edited by treetopsranch; 18th January 2015 at 06:19 PM.
18th January 2015, 07:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 335

1,466 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopsranch

tdetroit, can you save a file to the SD card with those programs? I'm having a heck of a time trying to save a file using hancon or office suite 8. Both of those can not save to the SD card because of kitKat. Office Suite doesn't even save back to Dropbox and once you open a file that was on a SD card it seems impossible to save it anywhere. Until this problem is fixed, we can never use this tablet for real work stuff.

Sure you can. If you are rooted install xsposed and there is a module you can download and enable to allow full access to the ext sd. . The is also a guide here that can show you how to go into the build.prop and edit some stuff to fix. However i didnt have luck with that like others but the module works like a charm and i can save to external with all my apps on kit kat

I m xsposed download just search kit kat external and you should find it. .or kitkat sdcard
The Following User Says Thank You to Zugshad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2015, 01:33 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

65 posts
Thank you but I'm not rooted yet. Scared.
19th January 2015, 05:15 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 335

1,466 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopsranch

Thank you but I'm not rooted yet. Scared.

Nah nothing to be scared of and only going to make it so much better

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread