[ROM][CM12.1][Lollipop][Android 5.1.1] NightOwl 20180124

Search This thread

I_android

Aug 15, 2010
I don't know what issue with whatsapp you guys are reporting for a long time... I don't have any issue of any kind with whatsapp....instead I have issues with Facebook... it always crashes...I have done clean install of beta3 twice and did a clean setup of Facebook...not data restore...but it still crashes :(

dreamer4o

Jun 17, 2012
Sofia
guys i was feeling embarrassed to ask this but now i am asking , what is the role of kernel in rom development ? and i am running beta 3 without any lags or bugs then why would i want to install kernel ? i mean i don't know its role so would you bother to explain or ask me to look in another thread ?

There is a lot information about ROM, kernel, recovery ect. Just search a little and read more. This is not the place for that kind of question and one advice, before starting to flash custom ROMs do more read about Android because there is risks to brick your phone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ankitrajj

Tech_89

Jan 2, 2015
In my opinion the ONLY question that should be asked here is "hey bauner, does it hurt being awesome?"

Running beta3 and i couldn't be more humble for it, such nice work :good:

Reactions: krishkamlesh

!o.O!

Jan 7, 2015
All is good except Battery life!

I am using Beta 3 and the battery drain is very high. :(
"Miscellaneous" takes most of the battery!
Getting around 1 hr 20 mins of OST for light/moderate usage.
Other than than everythin is smooth! :D
Any suggestions?

ankitrajj

Nov 18, 2014
ahmedabad
www.ankitrajj.blogspot.com
There is a lot information about ROM, kernel, recovery ect. Just search a little and read more. This is not the place for that kind of question and one advice, before starting to flash custom ROMs do more read about Android because there is risks to brick your phone.

no i know how to flash roms but i was wondering why should i want to install kernel if i am having everything running successfully and bauner gave me wiki link to it and now i know about its functionality and i know this forum is not about off topic questions thats why i have mentioned " I AM FEELING EMBARRASSED TO ASK THIS " in my post . . . ;)

waro470

Dec 20, 2013
Updated to beta 3 recently (from beta 1). I performed a reset as well as a cache wipe before updating.

For starters, thank you for compiling and tweaking this awesome ROM. You have given my Note a new life.

Here are the bugs I have encountered with beta 3 so far:
- It is impossible for me to enable wifi if it has been enabled, then disabled. I have to reboot for it to work.
- The CPU clock sometimes gets stuck at max clock. A reboot solves that issue.

ankitrajj

Nov 18, 2014
ahmedabad
www.ankitrajj.blogspot.com

by the way thanks for help :)

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

i flashed the kernel for beta 3 in cwm it showed update from sdcard complete but in my phone:about:kernel version shows as same as before . so how can i get to know that i've installed it perfectly ?

bauner

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

i flashed the kernel for beta 3 in cwm it showed update from sdcard complete but in my phone:about:kernel version shows as same as before . so how can i get to know that i've installed it perfectly ?
the kernel is exactly the same as the in beta3 included one.
It is to go back from another kernel without the need to reflash the full rom

Jack4L_

Oct 15, 2013

If you didn't install another kernel after flash the ROM like forest, raw or another one you have no differences in kernel. This kernel is only to revert the flashing of another kernel without flash entire beta 3 ROM again.

Kernel is the most basic controller for the most basic features of the device. This functions are control the CPU clock, WiFi hardware, radio hardware, camera hardware, ... Kernel assume the driver function of the device like a driver in windows, with the supposed differences between OS. In addition kernels have recovery mode in the mayors cases, not all.

Hope you understand a little bit more the kernels role

Reactions: ankitrajj

bauner

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
Updated to beta 3 recently (from beta 1). I performed a reset as well as a cache wipe before updating.

For starters, thank you for compiling and tweaking this awesome ROM. You have given my Note a new life.

Here are the bugs I have encountered with beta 3 so far:
- It is impossible for me to enable wifi if it has been enabled, then disabled. I have to reboot for it to work.
- The CPU clock sometimes gets stuck at max clock. A reboot solves that issue.
in the next beta wifi should work much better

shhhibu

Dec 22, 2012
Any suggestions?

I had those same problem...its because kernal is not going to deep sleep...I used "Forest-LP-Kernel_V1_for_Beta2-Beta3.zip" and adjusted min clock as 200 and max at 1200..and Governor -on demand...let's no frills be your Friend

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

I don't know what issue with whatsapp you guys are reporting for a long time... I don't have any issue of any kind with whatsapp....instead I have issues with Facebook... it always crashes...I have done clean install of beta3 twice and did a clean setup of Facebook...not data restore...but it still crashes :(

Yep you are right, Facebook crashes for me too...but now I use Facebook browser app ..let this would help...

Reactions: !o.O!

Shaikh Mohsin

Sep 23, 2012
If you want to update to beta3, you must flash gapps as well. If you want to flash beta 3, use the kernel on the first post, boot to recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache (optional), flash beta3, flash gapps, reboot, profit!

Exactly i did what you have written not once but thrice,but still after going on to stock and beta 3 installing gapps i will get the same problem,i was enjoying lollipop until when i flash gapps for lollipop from basketbuilds even though i install beta 3 using everymethod my home key status bar and lockscreen would not work also i would get pop ups google play service has stopped and process.gapps. has stopped such type of error

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Any suggestions?

its very simple
1-switch on airplane mode
2-switch off your phone
3-take out battery and wait for 10 seconds
4-switch on your cell phone
5-switch off airplane mode
6-enjoy:silly::p

Reactions: ms4905

rafi_android

Jun 13, 2013
Shah Alam
Exactly i did what you have written not once but thrice,but still after going on to stock and beta 3 installing gapps i will get the same problem,i was enjoying lollipop until when i flash gapps for lollipop from basketbuilds even though i install beta 3 using everymethod my home key status bar and lockscreen would not work also i would get pop ups google play service has stopped and process.gapps. has stopped such type of error

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Make sure the gapps are for lollipop or
Try use gapps that bauner provide. :D

savie

Feb 8, 2012
here is my local manifest

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_bionic" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_bionic" path="bionic" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_device_samsung_galaxys2-common" path="device/samsung/galaxys2-common" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_device_samsung_n7000" path="device/samsung/n7000" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_frameworks_av" path="frameworks/av" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_frameworks_base" path="frameworks/base" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_native" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_frameworks_native" path="frameworks/native" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_net_wifi" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_frameworks_opt_net_wifi" path="frameworks/opt/net/wifi" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_broadcom_wlan" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_hardware_broadcom_wlan" path="hardware/broadcom/wlan" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_libhardware" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_hardware_libhardware" path="hardware/libhardware" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_ril" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_hardware_ril" path="hardware/ril" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos4" path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos4" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_services_Telephony" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_packages_services_Telephony" path="packages/services/Telephony" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_system_core" path="system/core" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
 <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_system_vold" />
  <project name="bauner/cm-android_system_vold" path="system/vold" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="bauner/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />

</manifest>

@bauner
im use ur local manifest but still fail
1. theres not bauner kernel config --> change to cyanogenmod config --> done
still progress to build this rom.
thanks you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts