Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Adding CPU Governor

Tip us?

cheaterdawaq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Adding CPU Governor

Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask if there's a way to add a new CPU Governor on a certain custom kernel. As of now, I'm using Forest-HelloWorld-Make-II kernel V1.9.0 AM1, and for some reason, the available governors are only smartassV2, ondemand, and pegasusq. I wanted to have the powersave and performance governor for other purposes, is there a step-by-step/ newbie-friendly tutorial on how to add additional governors? I've searched a lot on this forum, yet I can't find one. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaterdawaq View Post
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask if there's a way to add a new CPU Governor on a certain custom kernel. As of now, I'm using Forest-HelloWorld-Make-II kernel V1.9.0 AM1, and for some reason, the available governors are only smartassV2, ondemand, and pegasusq. I wanted to have the powersave and performance governor for other purposes, is there a step-by-step/ newbie-friendly tutorial on how to add additional governors? I've searched a lot on this forum, yet I can't find one. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Needs to be done at compiling level using "make menuconfig" command.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]