[Q] GT-N7000 varying phone signal after usb port replacement
The current problem is that my phone signal keeps cycling between full bars and no bars, or is not connected to a service. Checking the phone signal strength, it seems to be hover around -100 db or so.
So I did a search on the closest thing that I could find was this one.
So what I have done is the following:
1. Had an issue with charging and holding a charge when upgraded to Xperia X ed rom
2. Did some research and figured the easiest option would be to reload the first ROM and check if the issue still exists
3. Reloaded nandroid backup to the original, same issue
4. Cleaned out the USB port using some thick paper, rubbing alcohol, compressed gas and small vacuum, same issue
5. Did some more research, figured that it would be easy enough to replace the USB board, so replaced that (reconnecting the antenna)
6. Turned on phone and used the first custom rom on there, everything seemed to work fine but I didn't check the signal strenght
7. Upgraded to SweetROM v10, only then noticed the signal issue, unscrewed the back and checked the antenna connection, seems solid
8. Tried to use it for a day and it's really bad, most of the time inside, I can't get any signal but outside, I normally get full bars
9. Did some more research, remembered something about modems, changed the modem from XXLT3 to XXLSO, just incase it was that, still the same signal issue
So wondering if anyone can help me with the next steps. I figure I am gonna tinker around with it a little, to see if it is a software thing. I figure what I will do is the following:
1. restore back to nandroid - check the signal issue
2. if still there, maybe try a stock ROM
Maybe take the cover off again and check the antenna cable, could have damaged it pulling it back in the first time, however, it doesn't make sense that signal strength would not change that much but the reported signal would.
Any help would be great.