Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gt-N7000 imei and power problem

Tip us?

vamp_89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gt-N7000 imei and power problem

Hello All,
I have Gt-N7000 note mobile. I am running JB germany official rom. Suddenly my phone has restore it default imei "0049999010640000" so i can register on any network. Also, the power button problem appeared to me. When i press it for a long press the menu of restart does not pop up instead the phone just power off and if i pressed for a short one, the phone will just turn off the screen so if press it again or the home button, the phone would just open and bypass the lock screen.
Thanks for ur help guys

ThaiDai
Old
Thanks Meter 2611
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp_89 View Post
Suddenly my phone has restore it default imei "0049999010640000" so i can register on any network.
Try to explain this again.
Can you register on a network?
Or can't?

This IMEI is not a "restored" one. You simply lost your original one. If you did not make and do not have a backup of your /efs then it's lost.
So: was your device rooted? What did you do before "suddenly"?
The Following User Says Thank You to ThaiDai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vamp_89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i really mean suddenly. The phone was OK then it lost its imei. I can not register to my network anymore. the mobile internet is working fine but i can not make any voice calls. The phone was not rooted then but i root it now.
For the EFS folder, i do not have a backup

ThaiDai
Old
Thanks Meter 2611
Quote:
i really mean suddenly. The phone was OK then it lost its imei. I can not register to my network anymore. the mobile internet is working fine but i can not make any voice calls. The phone was not rooted then but i root it now.
For the EFS folder, i do not have a backup
Workaround 1: disable SIM pin number. After that the network should work
Workaround 2: use an older version of android.policy.jar (from an unofficial developer release from Samsung). In this versions the check for a corrct IMEI seems to be disabled.

I have this problem myself and was lucky to get an upgrade with the so called developer imei. Since then I use the android.policy.jar from this upgrade.

But please try W1 first. If you'll get the network then it is solvable with W2.
If W1 doesn't work then even W2 will fail.

vamp_89
Old
(Last edited by vamp_89; 16th July 2014 at 02:22 PM.) Reason: sth error occured
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai View Post
Workaround 1: disable SIM pin number. After that the network should work
Workaround 2: use an older version of android.policy.jar (from an unofficial developer release from Samsung). In this versions the check for a corrct IMEI seems to be disabled.

I have this problem myself and was lucky to get an upgrade with the so called developer imei. Since then I use the android.policy.jar from this upgrade.

But please try W1 first. If you'll get the network then it is solvable with W2.
If W1 doesn't work then even W2 will fail.
I tried W1 and it worked. how to proceed with 2?
Thanks alot man

ThaiDai
Old
Thanks Meter 2611
Quote:
I tried W1 and did not work. So, it is not a good option to go with W2?
Of course you should try it.
First root your device. Go to Philz kernel thread and download the kernel for your JB version (XXLT4?).
Tomorrow I will connect to my PC in Germany and download the old version from there (right now I'm in Thailand).
Will attach it here.
With a rooted device and a file explorer with root options you can copy it to your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThaiDai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vamp_89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai View Post
Of course you should try it.
First root your device. Go to Philz kernel thread and download the kernel for your JB version (XXLT4?).
Tomorrow I will connect to my PC in Germany and download the old version from there (right now I'm in Thailand).
Will attach it here.
With a rooted device and a file explorer with root options you can copy it to your device.
Great..thanks alot.
And for the power problems? do u have any opinion?

vamp_89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
sorry but it worked on an operator and did not on another. i could not register on my main network using the W1 solution.

ThaiDai
Old
Thanks Meter 2611
Quote:
Great..thanks alot.
And for the power problems? do u have any opinion?
Yes, same reason. When I use the other jar this problem disappears too.

I just copied the file from my N7000 and attached it here.
Copy it to /system/framework. Change permissions to rw-r-r.
For this you need a rooted device and something like Total Commander with /system mounted as writeable. And before you do this make a backup of you android.policy.jar.

If you do not understand these things right now: start searching and reading here about root explorer, mounting /system, permissions. There are enough examples and descriptions.

But first: root
Attached Files
File Type: jar android.policy.jar - [Click for QR Code] (377.0 KB, 11 views)