1) take titanium backup of the apps
2) copy internal SD data to PC
3) download KK kernel depending on what recovery you want i.e bauner kernel for cm/kitkat for cwm recovery and raw kernel for twrp.
4) download Odin format kernel (.tar) from bauners kernel thread (its the kernel for touchwiz jb) and keep it on PC.
3) download a different ROM and transfer with the desired kernel to SD card and external SD.
[ we are transferring it to both SD cards in case you are not able to boot to recovery and may have to flash a whole ROM to get it back ]
8) power off and put in download mode by pressing power+home+volume down
9) connect to computer and open Odin and select the tar file i.e the bauner jb kernel in PDA and flash, it will show kernel and successful.
10) once you see the galaxy note logo with yellow triangle remove the battery and don't let the device boot into ROM.
11) put the battery back and boot the device into recovery by power+home+ volume up. if it doesn't boot into recovery then try again.
12) once you are in recovery flash the KK kernel.
13) do factory data reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system.
14) flash a ROM other than PA and gapps if required.
16) use triangle away app to get rid of the flash counter and triangle
these are the steps I followed and was able to successfully flash ROM without losing any data.
follow only if you know what you are doing. I am not responsible if you lose data or mess up your device.
Hope it helps
thank you very much
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING