Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,839 Members 47,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Odin keeps failing!!

Tip us?

Tuberomix
Old
(Last edited by Tuberomix; 9th July 2014 at 08:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Help! Odin keeps failing!!

So I wanted to install a Android 4.4 on my aunt's Galaxy Note using Cyanogenmod 11. So now I've been trying all day and night to install a custom recovery. But I still didn't succeed because Odin keeps failing!
So basically I closely followed this guide in order to get CWM Recovery Advanced installed on this Note. But every time I try Odin fails again and again ( it says "<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed. <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)" ).
I tried everything, restarting again and again (and again...) trying different USB ports, different USB cables different versions of Odin, different custom recovery files, restarting PC, restarting Odin, not restarting Odin... but unfortunately nothing worked yet..

As this is genuinely frustrating, I would really appreciate any help in this, so thanks in advance.

UPDATE: So I decided to maybe try a different approach. I download the Android 4.1.2 Samsung stock ROM (I forgot to mention before it was on Android 2.3.6) and installed it using Odin... surprisingly this time Odin DID work. However, when I retried installing the custom recovery Odin again failed. Indeed Odin hates me.

UPDATE 2: Finally I was able to install a custom recovery! The file PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5.tar.md5 from here worked in Odin. So I then tried to installed the new version of CWM Recovery Advanced through the custom recovery that did install in Odin, but well it failed again.. I think something might be wrong with that custom recovery, I'll try a different one. Anyway I can say I bypassed the main obstacle, so no need for help now.

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2659
The Philz new recovery file you are trying to flash will never flash using odin no matter how much you try.
As you already have cwm recovery, flash raw r6 kernel from recovery, then reboot into the new recovery and flash kitkat roms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]