Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked my GT N7000

Tip us?

khakhi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Bricked my GT N7000

Hi guys,

while trying to flash OMNI ROM kikat i bricked my phone.

The phine doesnt go past recovery or download mode. Any zip file i try flash come up with an error. I got rid of the "status7" error but another error came up.

I troed installing various versions on CWM but still wont flash the Omni ROM i downloaded. I also ddnt back up the system before doing this.

Any assistance please?
Sony Ericsson p1i (stolen)
Sony Ericsson x1i (screen wont turn on)
Sony Ericsson x10i GB and rooted
Asus eee pad TF101 ICS no dock yet
Samsung Galaxy Note1

Jackwu696
Old
Thanks Meter 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakhi View Post
Hi guys,

while trying to flash OMNI ROM kikat i bricked my phone.

The phine doesnt go past recovery or download mode. Any zip file i try flash come up with an error. I got rid of the "status7" error but another error came up.

I troed installing various versions on CWM but still wont flash the Omni ROM i downloaded. I also ddnt back up the system before doing this.

Any assistance please?
Did u follow this ? Doesn't go past recovery nor download means? You can still access both mode? Worst comes to the worst just flash stock 4.1.2 Samsung Rom using Odin n follow the guide I attached.
I wanna help because I know how hard it is to be lost.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackwu696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khakhi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696 View Post
Did u follow this ? Doesn't go past recovery nor download means? You can still access both mode? Worst comes to the worst just flash stock 4.1.2 Samsung Rom using Odin n follow the guide I attached.
Howsit bru, sorted....i managed to find a stock Kernerl that i flashed via ODIN...but i will follow ur instructions to flash the OMNI ROM which i have already downloaded and will flash it tonight. i will follow your steps clearly.

Thank you for your help
Samsung Galaxy Note1

khakhi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Howsit bru? i tried following your link to install OMNI ROM but i get an error when flashin Philz recovery. pls help
Samsung Galaxy Note1

Jackwu696
Old
(Last edited by Jackwu696; 8th July 2014 at 05:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 419
Quote:
Howsit bru? i tried following your link to install OMNI ROM but i get an error when flashin Philz recovery. pls help
Please tell me what rom were you on previousy before u had this problem. Can u boot to recovery? If you can, try flashing philz_touch_6.19.3-n7000.zip and reboot to recovery again. After that do all wipes: factory wipe reset n Yes I wanna flash a new rom superwiper. Then wipe dalvik cache. After that flash omnirom. If you still can't proceed, then I suggest you flash stock rom first to let your phone boot to system

Sent from my GT-N7000

khakhi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696 View Post
Please tell me what rom were you on previousy before u had this problem. Can u boot to recovery? If you can, try flashing philz_touch_6.19.3-n7000.zip and reboot to recovery again. After that do all wipes: factory wipe reset n Yes I wanna flash a new rom superwiper. Then wipe dalvik cache. After that flash omnirom. If you still can't proceed, then I suggest you flash stock rom first to let your phone boot to system

Sent from my GT-N7000
Im back to the stock ROM 4.1.2 and phone is working fine bu t iwant to try the OMNI ROM

When i try flashing Philz recovery i get this error in recovery "Signature verification failed"
Samsung Galaxy Note1

Jackwu696
Old
Thanks Meter 419
Quote:
Im back to the stock ROM 4.1.2 and phone is working fine bu t iwant to try the OMNI ROM

When i try flashing Philz recovery i get this error in recovery "Signature verification failed"
Ok. So I'll assume u r back to "0". So things to do will be :

1. Root and install custom recovery on your phone. I ALWAYS use older phils recovery + kernel such as PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0-signed (XXLTA is based on my stock rom BUILD number. Download according to yours) This will give you root (superuser) & recovery installed.

2. After flashing phils, reboot to recovery by using 3 button combo n do ALL wipes the best being wipe factory + I want to install new rom super wiper + dalvik cache.

3. Flash my previous post mentioned phils advanced recovery ( I Always use that vers. N NO error whatsoever) reboot to recovery again n flash your omnirom.

4. DONE

Sent from my GT-N7000