Unhappy [Q] Bricked my GT N7000

OP khakhi

7th July 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

306 posts
More
Hi guys,

while trying to flash OMNI ROM kikat i bricked my phone.

The phine doesnt go past recovery or download mode. Any zip file i try flash come up with an error. I got rid of the "status7" error but another error came up.

I troed installing various versions on CWM but still wont flash the Omni ROM i downloaded. I also ddnt back up the system before doing this.

Any assistance please?
7th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 558

873 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakhi

Hi guys,

while trying to flash OMNI ROM kikat i bricked my phone.

The phine doesnt go past recovery or download mode. Any zip file i try flash come up with an error. I got rid of the "status7" error but another error came up.

I troed installing various versions on CWM but still wont flash the Omni ROM i downloaded. I also ddnt back up the system before doing this.

Any assistance please?

Did u follow this ? Doesn't go past recovery nor download means? You can still access both mode? Worst comes to the worst just flash stock 4.1.2 Samsung Rom using Odin n follow the guide I attached.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackwu696 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

306 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696

Did u follow this ? Doesn't go past recovery nor download means? You can still access both mode? Worst comes to the worst just flash stock 4.1.2 Samsung Rom using Odin n follow the guide I attached.

Howsit bru, sorted....i managed to find a stock Kernerl that i flashed via ODIN...but i will follow ur instructions to flash the OMNI ROM which i have already downloaded and will flash it tonight. i will follow your steps clearly.

Thank you for your help
8th July 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

306 posts
More
Howsit bru? i tried following your link to install OMNI ROM but i get an error when flashin Philz recovery. pls help
8th July 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag Jakarta City

873 posts
More
Quote:

Howsit bru? i tried following your link to install OMNI ROM but i get an error when flashin Philz recovery. pls help

Please tell me what rom were you on previousy before u had this problem. Can u boot to recovery? If you can, try flashing philz_touch_6.19.3-n7000.zip and reboot to recovery again. After that do all wipes: factory wipe reset n Yes I wanna flash a new rom superwiper. Then wipe dalvik cache. After that flash omnirom. If you still can't proceed, then I suggest you flash stock rom first to let your phone boot to system

Sent from my GT-N7000
Last edited by Jackwu696; 8th July 2014 at 06:23 PM.
9th July 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

306 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696

Please tell me what rom were you on previousy before u had this problem. Can u boot to recovery? If you can, try flashing philz_touch_6.19.3-n7000.zip and reboot to recovery again. After that do all wipes: factory wipe reset n Yes I wanna flash a new rom superwiper. Then wipe dalvik cache. After that flash omnirom. If you still can't proceed, then I suggest you flash stock rom first to let your phone boot to system

Sent from my GT-N7000

Im back to the stock ROM 4.1.2 and phone is working fine bu t iwant to try the OMNI ROM

When i try flashing Philz recovery i get this error in recovery "Signature verification failed"
9th July 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #7  
Flag Jakarta City

873 posts
More
Quote:

Im back to the stock ROM 4.1.2 and phone is working fine bu t iwant to try the OMNI ROM

When i try flashing Philz recovery i get this error in recovery "Signature verification failed"

Ok. So I'll assume u r back to "0". So things to do will be :

1. Root and install custom recovery on your phone. I ALWAYS use older phils recovery + kernel such as PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0-signed (XXLTA is based on my stock rom BUILD number. Download according to yours) This will give you root (superuser) & recovery installed.

2. After flashing phils, reboot to recovery by using 3 button combo n do ALL wipes the best being wipe factory + I want to install new rom super wiper + dalvik cache.

3. Flash my previous post mentioned phils advanced recovery ( I Always use that vers. N NO error whatsoever) reboot to recovery again n flash your omnirom.

4. DONE

Sent from my GT-N7000

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread