How do I reformat Apps partition?

OP PurpleMelbourne

7th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 23

201 posts
More
Out of 1.97GB of space I have used 0.93GB and only have 40MB left which is making a lot of yhings not work.

Clearly something is taking up more space than is being reported so it seems to me I should double that 1.97GB to 4GB to solve the problem.

I currently have a 64GB SD and will upgrade soon to 128GB so losing a couple of internal GB storage to make the rest of the phone work will be more than worthwhile. I have already moved a number of larger Apps to run from SD card as a bandaid temporary solution. But GMail can't sync so I really need to fix this.

But I don't specifically know what I need to do. Can someone tell me what I need to do to repartition back into a working phone without losing EMEI or whatever?

Thanks in advance for everyone giving this some thoughts

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th July 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 556

870 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMelbourne

Out of 1.97GB of space I have used 0.93GB and only have 40MB left which is making a lot of yhings not work.

Clearly something is taking up more space than is being reported so it seems to me I should double that 1.97GB to 4GB to solve the problem.

I currently have a 64GB SD and will upgrade soon to 128GB so losing a couple of internal GB storage to make the rest of the phone work will be more than worthwhile. I have already moved a number of larger Apps to run from SD card as a bandaid temporary solution. But GMail can't sync so I really need to fix this.

But I don't specifically know what I need to do. Can someone tell me what I need to do to repartition back into a working phone without losing EMEI or whatever?

Thanks in advance for everyone giving this some thoughts

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hello there, you can head to @metalgearhathaway 's thread to repartition your apps memory (otherwise known as internal memory). His repartition PIT files will help to increase internal memory allocation in place of reducing your Internal SD Storage. Please read his guide carefully. Pardon me by the way, I was informed that note 1 can only accommodate as much as max. 64 GB but maybe I'm misinformed if you can use 128 GB.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread