Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SOLVED [Q] Please Help! Soft Bricked Gt-N7000 stuck in boot loop

Tip us?

annie22
Old
(Last edited by annie22; 9th July 2014 at 06:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy SOLVED [Q] Please Help! Soft Bricked Gt-N7000 stuck in boot loop

Hello, i recently tried to flash the C-Rom on my gt n7000, but i keep getting the tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) error, now my phone is stuck in bootloop. i read that i need to flash a stock rom but my charging port has been damaged as such i cant connect the phone to my computer to use Odin. Is there a stock rom that can be flashed through recovery?

Azeazezar
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie22 View Post
Hello, i recently tried to flash the C-Rom on my gt n7000, but i keep getting the tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) error, now my phone is stuck in bootloop. i read that i need to flash a stock rom but my charging port has been damaged as such i cant connect the phone to my computer to use Odin. Is there a stock rom that can be flashed through recovery?
You came so far, its to late to turn back...
If only you had read the instructions...
Then you would know...
That you need a more recent version of your recovery...
Which is part of a kernel...
So flash raw kernel...
And then flash C-Rom...
Klaatu barada nikto!

Jackwu696
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
To Flash ANY/ALL KK Based Roms (4.4+) you need base recovery 0f 6.0.4.4+. Can you still reboot to recovery? What rom vers are you previously on? Rooted? What recovery? If your charging port has been damaged, how are you gonna charge your phone? Get it repaired ASAP before doing anything else. Loss of battery during Rom flashing can make your phone a nice desk decoration.
I wanna help because I know how hard it is to be lost.

annie22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696 View Post
To Flash ANY/ALL KK Based Roms (4.4+) you need base recovery 0f 6.0.4.4+. Can you still reboot to recovery? What rom vers are you previously on? Rooted? What recovery? If your charging port has been damaged, how are you gonna charge your phone? Get it repaired ASAP before doing anything else. Loss of battery during Rom flashing can make your phone a nice desk decoration.

Yes i can boot to recovery, thats all my phone does is load with the Samsung boot logo then the recovery screen. Im on the offical samsung stock rom. Yes its rooted.CWM, I use a universal battery charger, the battery was full before i tried flasing the C-Rom.

Jackwu696
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Yes i can boot to recovery, thats all my phone does is load with the Samsung boot logo then the recovery screen. Im on the offical samsung stock rom. Yes its rooted.CWM, I use a universal battery charger, the battery was full before i tried flasing the C-Rom.
Do you still remember your Stock Rom's Build number? If yes, then you can try downloading philz safe kernel with recovery that is compatible with your build number, flash it in cwm recovery, then reboot to RECOVERY, from there do a factory reset wipe, all formats (system, data, cache, preload) wipe dalvik cache (If you don't understand any of the terms I mentioned above, please go to philz page and read) and Flash a TW BASED custom rom first (you can find and download any rom as long as it's TW based). See if that boots.

Ultimately you WILL need that charging/USB Port fixed so please make that a TOP Priority
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackwu696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

annie22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeazezar View Post
You came so far, its to late to turn back...
If only you had read the instructions...
Then you would know...
That you need a more recent version of your recovery...
Which is part of a kernel...
So flash raw kernel...
And then flash C-Rom...
I read the entire C-ROM tutorial, before doing anything.

annie22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696 View Post
Do you still remember your Stock Rom's Build number? If yes, then you can try downloading philz safe kernel with recovery that is compatible with your build number, flash it in cwm recovery, then reboot to RECOVERY, from there do a factory reset wipe, all formats (system, data, cache, preload) wipe dalvik cache (If you don't understand any of the terms I mentioned above, please go to philz page and read) and Flash a TW BASED custom rom first (you can find and download any rom as long as it's TW based). See if that boots.

Ultimately you WILL need that charging/USB Port fixed so please make that a TOP Priority
No i dont remember it...

Jackwu696
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
No i dont remember it...
Then I suggest you fix that port so you can use odin, otherwise follow @Azeazezar advice
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackwu696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Azeazezar
Old
(Last edited by Azeazezar; 3rd July 2014 at 04:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
I read the entire C-ROM tutorial, before doing anything.
Follow these instructions.
Klaatu barada nikto!
The Following User Says Thank You to Azeazezar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

annie22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeazezar View Post
Follow these instructions.
Ohh, , okay will do.