[Q] N7000 won't boot into Recovery

OP azuru

13th July 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello XDA,

I've flashed Dirty Unicorns on my Note. I had followed the instructions but then I unfortunately installed the RAW Kernel AS last (twrp zip queuing) and i rebooted the system and not the recovery. My note starts to the title " Samsung Galaxy Note N7000" and freezes. I tried with pressing the key combination to go to the recovery but i dont have success. The screen is black and when i take my hands from the keys , the samsung title appears....Are there solutions to go into the recovery ?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english!

Thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633846
13th July 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,689

7,121 posts
More
Remove and reinsert the battery. Then keep the power volume up and home pressed till you see the note n7000 screen.. Let it go.. If you see twrp screen then wait..
Else,
Download philz XXLTA tar kernel file and flash it using odin.. Then again try to boot into recovery.
13th July 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
First, I want to express my sincerest acknowledgements. I am very grateful for you helping me in this desperate situation.

The first solution didn't work for me, the second one requires access to my Note's recovery mode.
Unfortunately, I am unable to boot into any mode, all I am able to see is Samsung's logo.
13th July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 37

112 posts
Try to use ADB to boot your phone into download mode, or try directly to go to download mode. Flash custom rom or just a kernel that gives you root permissions and ther try to re-begin the process of custom rom flash. If it does not work, try to read some posts about soft-brick

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dnlmihaila For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #5  

7,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuru

First, I want to express my sincerest acknowledgements. I am very grateful for you helping me in this desperate situation.

The first solution didn't work for me, the second one requires access to my Note's recovery mode.
Unfortunately, I am unable to boot into any mode, all I am able to see is Samsung's logo.

Volume down + home + power..? Nothing?
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,542

1,458 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91

Volume down + home + power..? Nothing?

This should certainly get you into download mode.
From there another option (which I usually use) is to extract boot.img from your last working custom rom. Then flash that boot.img to kernel partition using heimdall.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to forest1971 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #7  

7,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971

This should certainly get you into download mode.
From there another option (which I usually use) is to extract boot.img from your last working custom rom. Then flash that boot.img to kernel partition using heimdall.

Nice method... But raw kernel uses modules and blobs and downgrading from that needs a reflash of rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,542

1,458 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91

Nice method... But raw kernel uses modules and blobs and downgrading from that needs a reflash of rom.

You are right. This step is mainly to get back a partially working ROM with a recovery. For full recovery back then will need a dirty reflash of ROM then things should work again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forest1971 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up [S] N7000 won't boot into Recovery
Hello,

pardon me for my late reply. I was unable to charge the battery with the RAW kernel, but a friend charged my battery, which allowed me to solve my main problkem using ADB to get acces to the download mode.
I then flashed a rooted kernel and a custom rom, and now my note is working fine again

I am glad to be able to count on you, this forum is a true saviour in desperate situations.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread