Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OK Google Crashing

Tip us?

gtn7000steveo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] OK Google Crashing

Hi everyone I have been flashing Roms for over a year or more now having a great time with it, have a question though I have been on the Omni Rom for a few moths now flashing the nightly at least once a week my last few flashes I have had OK Google going the problem is every time i say "OK Google" it responds understands what I have asked (as it writes it on the screen) then crashes. This happens every time and will not respond to the hot word till I reboot.
just to give full story my voice search will still work fine if I just press the microphone its only having a cow when I use the hotword. If anyone else has had this and fixed it please help.

thanks in advance

-Sn1PeR-
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm having the exact same issue on my t0lteatt device running AOKP. It just started yesterday. I'm wondering if it's a google play services issue.

mjrifath
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtn7000steveo View Post
Hi everyone I have been flashing Roms for over a year or more now having a great time with it, have a question though I have been on the Omni Rom for a few moths now flashing the nightly at least once a week my last few flashes I have had OK Google going the problem is every time i say "OK Google" it responds understands what I have asked (as it writes it on the screen) then crashes. This happens every time and will not respond to the hot word till I reboot.
just to give full story my voice search will still work fine if I just press the microphone its only having a cow when I use the hotword. If anyone else has had this and fixed it please help.

thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sn1PeR- View Post
I'm having the exact same issue on my t0lteatt device running AOKP. It just started yesterday. I'm wondering if it's a google play services issue.
Go to Google Search setting > Voice >Audio History " Disable" ( see the screenshot)

Clear cache and data of Google search

Now it should work[emoji2]
The Following User Says Thank You to mjrifath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]