Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] phone discharging when on PC USB or car charger

Tip us?

georgekg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] phone discharging when on PC USB or car charger

Hi! Here on XDA I found few similar situations, with various phone models, but no right answer...

I have a brand new battery (but same situation was with the old one) and when I connect my Note to the PC USB connector or when I plug it in my car charger, phone is still discharging if the screen is on. If the screen is off and if I close all apps, wi-fi and GPS it is charging but very, very, very slowly. Only if I plug phone into wall charger it doesn't matter if the screen is on or off, is it wi-fi or GPS turned on or off, phone is charging normally. I try few different cables, but still the same. Computer have only USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports so it isn't a USB 1.1 case. I have also HTC HD2 and it is charging normally no matter where it is plugged - wall, PC, car (same chargers, same cables, same PC...) HD2 is charging in my car even if the GPS and navigation is turned on.
Any thoughts?
Thank you!

NickDH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Laptops tend to only put out 500ma which isn't typically enough for the Note. It cod be a mixture of low amperage chargers and slow charging cables. The Note (imo) is pretty inefficient on stock roms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

georgekg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you! I'm not charging it over laptop, but over desktop PC and in my car. I try to charge it with Samsung original cables, with HTC original cables and with cheap china made cables, all 3 cases - same. Also I'm not using stock ROM but SOKP KITKAT ROM
Tags
car usb not charging, pc usb not charging