No registration required

[Q] Samsung Note GT-i9220 ROMS

OP Carlitomayn

17th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello all,

I'm currently trying to install a ROM on my fathers Samsung Galaxy Note GT-i9220, I've been reading and apparently this is exactly the same as the N7000. I've attempted to install Hellybean and SpiritRom but I get a "This device is not N7000" and can't continue. I have Philz ready to go but it seems like there must be some differences between those two models for the ROM to fail the installation.

Can anybody direct me towards some ROMs to improve his phone?

Thank you very much.
18th August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,706

7,160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitomayn

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to install a ROM on my fathers Samsung Galaxy Note GT-i9220, I've been reading and apparently this is exactly the same as the N7000. I've attempted to install Hellybean and SpiritRom but I get a "This device is not N7000" and can't continue. I have Philz ready to go but it seems like there must be some differences between those two models for the ROM to fail the installation.

Can anybody direct me towards some ROMs to improve his phone?

Thank you very much.

It could be because of the updater script checking for assert device type.. either edit the script and push it back to the rom zip file, or edit the device build.prop to show the device as n7000. But please make sure you have the same hardware using some system info apps like quadrant.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91

It could be because of the updater script checking for assert device type.. either edit the script and push it back to the rom zip file, or edit the device build.prop to show the device as n7000. But please make sure you have the same hardware using some system info apps like quadrant.

That's all I have left to try, I attempted to install a N7000 ROM and it stated model was N7000 once i restarted it, it said GT-i9220 again...

Thank you very much, i'll try that!
20th August 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5,741

2,258 posts
Donate to Me
More
@Carlitomayn almost 2 years I have been using N7000 firmwares on my phone with the same model as yours i9220.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread