[ROM][4.4.4][YP-G70] Carbon ROM For Galaxy Player 5 [METICULUS]

Search This thread
M

Meticulus

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained whenever possible and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Download: meticulus.co.vu

XDA:DevDB Information
Carbon ROM For Galaxy Player 5, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0, 5.0

Contributors
Meticulus
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP, Carbon

Version Information

Created 2014-07-11
Last Updated 2014-10-27

Last edited:
M

Meticulus

Know Issues

KNOWN ISSUES

• Rear Camera: Does not snap photo's beyond 480x800 resolution.

Last edited:

loonsy

Jul 30, 2007
Singapore
Overseas now and my players are back home. Gonna give this a shot once I get back. Real great to see that this device has such good development after so long. Cheers Meticulus

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

lildhiel08

Feb 2, 2014
tnx man for our new ROM to our player ! :) godbless

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

when im at ur rom beanstakl do i nid to wipe data or not ? because i have many apps install ?

lildhiel08

Feb 2, 2014
little lag in games :p

its a little lag in games but its great man !! i w8 ur next release man ! keep it up !!

Dec 4, 2010
Thanks Meticulous, for another ROM option for SGP. My son loves your beanstalk ROM performance on his SGP. I like Carbon ROM on my SGP.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mmmm-)

Mar 20, 2012
I've got the Rom up and running and everything seems to be fine except The settings menu!

Tapping on performance gives me a settings FC every time

The Carbon fibres menus are completely bizarre!
'Device Tunables' is completely blank,
'interface' is blank most of the time but some things pop up on occasion
'Lockscreen' is the same - blank but seemingly at random will show me some options
Navigation' - Blank
Persistence - seems ok!!!!
'Pie' - Blank
'Power Menu' is ok
'Status bar' - under battery sometimes gives me the Navigation Menu, has given battery options once but is usually blank and the other tabs are temperamental.

Anyone else noticed this odd behaviour?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

AH! It's something to do with having a split screen settings (>600x1024 in Xposed App Settings) When I switch this off it (mostly) works.

'Device Tunables' is still blank though.. Is it meant to be?

and what is 'Persistence' anyway?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw somewhere that there is some type of settings that turns on the nav. Lights if there is a notification..

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There are Backlight Notifications. The option to enable them is under Settings, Performance, and then Advanced Settings(pull from left and select). The option to enable is the last one listed on that page. Hope this helps.
    Hmm... Calendar app should be there. I have it...[emoji6]

I can include Apollo if people want... There are so many good music players in the play store though...

RDS is digital meta data stuff right? Song titles and station Id...? Have to double check but don't think so...

Glad you like it...?

EDIT: Don't know about Spirit2. I'm contemplating writing a radio app for venturi myself but probably not soon...

Thank you for your quick answer.

I don't think you should bother yourself including Apollo, it can be easily downloaded here and this is not included by stock Carbon ROMs. There are nice alternatives on the Store indeed.

Yes, RDS (for Radio Data System) and RT (Radio Text) are the texts displayed on your compatible radio receivers, it is mainly used for displaying station and song name. I remember on stock Android 2.3 with stock FM app we did not have it, but I could think this was a software issue. Nevertheless, reading the Wikipedia article shows me that the FM chip needs to listen to a subcarrier at 57KHz, which would not be physically possible with our chip (interesting schema). Also, if not hardware limited, I'm afraid we are perhaps highly dependent of binary blobs in the Broadcom BCM4329 chip driver, which is probably not opensource. Perhaps looking around the bcmon initiative would be interesting, I really don't know.

A dedicated FM radio app would be awesome (with a better UI than Spirit Free), but don't force you to do it, since there is the Spirit FM alternative that works quite well.
    Yes, it works for the CLock widget on the Launcher screens, but on other ROMS I have used it also appears on the Lock Screen - which is why it is under 'lock screen' options in the carbon fibres menu. On mine it doesn't display on the lock screen does it on yours?.

Ahh...I see what you mean now....You are correct....I see color fonts in the widget on the launcher screens, but the lockscreen widget is black and white....
    How do you enable transparency? I haven't found that setting yet - I'd like to give it a go...

It is located in the performance menu in settings. It sure makes everything look better!
    What a great ROM! I just installed it. Runs very smooth so far (although I haven't done much with it). This is really great work. A donation (admittedly small) is coming your way and a big Thanks for giving my old Player new life. :D