Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] YP-G70CW Charge Loop?

Tip us?

Budadank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] YP-G70CW Charge Loop?

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been gone over. Tried searching but I can't seem to find a definitive answer for this one.

My Son's Player 5.0 (YP-G70CW) died quite a few months back and would no longer charge. With the device powered off the charge logo appears briefly, the screen goes black and then it repeats.

I've filmed it and put it on YouTube to see (sorry if you're not a Tool fan, just happened to be playing at the time). http://youtu.be/gGvYLwIggso

I bought a new battery, thinking that was to blame, but still the same issue. One time, after it had been sat in a drawer for ages it went into recovery mode and stayed there, I didn't have the software to hand to do anything with it at the time but that leads me to believe that it's possible to get back to recovery at least so all is not lost.

I've read somewhere that letting the battery completely drain can fix this. I've also read that disconnecting the battery and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then putting it on charge again can fix it. Neither have helped for me.

Has anyone had this specific issue and fixed it? I'm not really a Samsung fan so not familiar on how the bootloader works.

Any help much appreciated.

Budadank
Old
(Last edited by Budadank; 10th July 2014 at 10:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Well, thanks very much everyone who made suggestions or tried to help... /sarcasm

I've managed to fix this issue and managed to find out something new in the process. In order to stop the device from constantly looping, it seems that disconnecting the battery and then the ribbon cable for the power/volume buttons, then re-connecting the battery will make the YP-G70 start up in Download Mode with no restarts, allowing you time to use Heimdall or Odin to flash a new PIT and Boot image. This sorted my son's device right out. Very chuffed as I almost threw it away.

Hope this helps someone else out there having the same problem!
The Following User Says Thank You to Budadank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]