Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to upgrade recovery on Galaxy player 5.0??

OP kezzy4

27th July 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
HI,

I have a galaxy player ( YP-G70CW - international ) that has had an Eryigit Rom installed for quite some time but it has never been very stable for me and constantly crashes and freezes! last week i decided enough was enough and i have decided to try some of the newer roms out now but for some reason i cant get anything to install from CWM recovery, i just get install aborted and error messages.

From Reading through the forum i have seen a few times that my ClockworkMod recovery v5.0.2.7 maybe outdated but cant find anyway to upgrade to Clockwork Mod v6.0.4.4 on the YP-G70....

Does this sound like my problem? is there an updated version of clockwork for the GP5.0? can any of the newer roms be installed by Odin? i have no issues installing things from Odin, should i be using Odin to upgrade to something else before i go to a 4.4 rom?


any help anyone can give me would be amazing, thanks in advance guys and girls

Kezzy
27th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #2  
Meticulus's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 2,090
 
1,311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzy4

HI,

I have a galaxy player ( YP-G70CW - international ) that has had an Eryigit Rom installed for quite some time but it has never been very stable for me and constantly crashes and freezes! last week i decided enough was enough and i have decided to try some of the newer roms out now but for some reason i cant get anything to install from CWM recovery, i just get install aborted and error messages.

From Reading through the forum i have seen a few times that my ClockworkMod recovery v5.0.2.7 maybe outdated but cant find anyway to upgrade to Clockwork Mod v6.0.4.4 on the YP-G70....

Does this sound like my problem? is there an updated version of clockwork for the GP5.0? can any of the newer roms be installed by Odin? i have no issues installing things from Odin, should i be using Odin to upgrade to something else before i go to a 4.4 rom?


any help anyone can give me would be amazing, thanks in advance guys and girls

Kezzy

The thing that most people don't understand about recovery on the player 5.0 is that unlike a lot of other devices, recovery is in the kernel image. Ipso facto: flash a new kernel, get a new recovery.

If your trying to get to KitKat, I suggest that you install an android 4.3.x ROM first. Make sure to read all of the dev's installation instructions and notes before flashing...
28th July 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulus

The thing that most people don't understand about recovery on the player 5.0 is that unlike a lot of other devices, recovery is in the kernel image. Ipso facto: flash a new kernel, get a new recovery.

If your trying to get to KitKat, I suggest that you install an android 4.3.x ROM first. Make sure to read all of the dev's installation instructions and notes before flashing...

Thanks very much for the reply, thats great information to have, I thought that would be the case but couldn't find anything in stone if you know what I mean.

anyways, no matter which kernel I install the CWM recovery seems to be the same, which kernel should I be installing, I have rj's custom kernel r14 right now, any suggestions?

Thanks again
28th July 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzy4

Thanks very much for the reply, thats great information to have, I thought that would be the case but couldn't find anything in stone if you know what I mean.

anyways, no matter which kernel I install the CWM recovery seems to be the same, which kernel should I be installing, I have rj's custom kernel r14 right now, any suggestions?

Thanks again

Sultan v6 works great for me -Here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2252851
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes