FORUMS

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Broken Screen :*(

8th July 2014, 03:41 AM |#1  
johnadelic's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bothell
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
I let my son use my cool SGS4G but today I found it with a cracked!

So now I am reaching out to you guys. Anyone have a SGS4G that has a working screen bit is bricked or the USB jack is broken? If so send me a message or post here.

Thanks.

Sent from inside the time vortex
Last edited by johnadelic; 8th July 2014 at 07:35 AM.
 
 
10th July 2014, 11:03 PM |#2  
bhundven's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 4,499
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadelic

I let my son use my cool SGS4G but today I found it with a cracked!

So now I am reaching out to you guys. Anyone have a SGS4G that has a working screen bit is bricked or the USB jack is broken? If so send me a message or post here.

Thanks.

Sent from inside the time vortex

Replacement screen. You're in Bothell, so if you have the tools and tape to replace the screen, I'd be happy to help you replace the screen.
12th July 2014, 04:46 AM |#3  
johnadelic's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bothell
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhundven

Replacement screen. You're in Bothell, so if you have the tools and tape to replace the screen, I'd be happy to help you replace the screen.

Thanks buddy, dang $50 is a bit more than I wanted to spend. I am trying to source a broken phone with a good screen to do a translate on it. If I find one I will let you know. Maybe we could meet up at 3rd place books some night and knock it out.

Sent from inside the time vortex
15th July 2014, 09:10 AM |#4  
bhundven's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 4,499
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadelic

Thanks buddy, dang $50 is a bit more than I wanted to spend. I am trying to source a broken phone with a good screen to do a translate on it. If I find one I will let you know. Maybe we could meet up at 3rd place books some night and knock it out.

All of the info you need, you can find here.
They also show the recommended tools. I don't have a heat gun, but I do have the percision screwdriver set (I think I have a few of them), and I just use medium soft guitar picks instead of their more expensive prying tools.

In the end, you will spend some money up front to get any tools you'd need, but you'll have them if you need them again.

The screen is expensive, because it also replaces the digitizer - which is why it is more expensive.

You could always go the commercial repair route. I highly recommend adding unbrickable mod, but it's super hard (or easy if you don't pay attention to your model number) to brick the sgh-t959v.
16th August 2014, 12:56 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
sorry about your broken screen, i just wonder u had a screen protector film on it or not ?
The Following User Says Thank You to explorer2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 09:33 AM |#6  
johnadelic's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bothell
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer2001

sorry about your broken screen, i just wonder u had a screen protector film on it or not ?

No I didn't, it was naked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes