No registration required

[MOD][EMMC][I9070/P][8/16GB] Internal Memory Repartition

OP AntaresOne

11th October 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3mn3y

I do exactly opposite thing as made smaller DATAFS, SYSTEM and CACHEFS to have bigger UMS. Its googd that Kernel2, HIDDEN and Fota are after "more" important partitions, so we can get rid of them and get lot of space

How come you want to have bigger UMS? Not all apps can be installed there and DATAFS gets full very easily. Also, it's fat32 which creates some problems by itself.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app
12th October 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #12  
Flag Gdansk / Walcz (near Pila)
Thanks Meter: 193

1,107 posts
More
I just dont use this phone as my primary and as i have xplay for games i dont need to have lots of apps on it. Additionaly i have only 4gb sdcard for it, so my internal memory is now bigger than external

Sent using TF300T - CyanogenMod 11.0/GRIMLOCK (F2FS)
12th October 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
i'd really like to repartition my phone's memory but i fear i'm gonna screw everything up

i see a coming soon "pit zone" in the second post, does that mean that there is an automatic way to repartition the internal memory without directly using commands?
12th October 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #14  
Flag Gdansk / Walcz (near Pila)
Thanks Meter: 193

1,107 posts
More
If u knows how to make pit file after repartitioning its probably possible to use odin to repartition

Sent using GT-i9070 - VanirAOSP
13th October 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chieti
Thanks Meter: 4,878

1,238 posts
Donate to Me
More
You need to use "format" command in ext2 only for HIDDEN partition that it's unneeded on custom ROMs.

For other partitions (SYSTEM, CACHEFS, DATAFS) format through recovery mode (automatically formatted in ext4), and for UMS through Android.

Yes, the PIT zone will have PIT files ready to be flashed to autorepartition along with a kernel that brings you CWM recovery to install/restore your ROM after repartition.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to AntaresOne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th October 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresOne

You need to use "format" command in ext2 only for HIDDEN partition that it's unneeded on custom ROMs.

For other partitions (SYSTEM, CACHEFS, DATAFS) format through recovery mode (automatically formatted in ext4), and for UMS through Android.

Yes, the PIT zone will have PIT files ready to be flashed to autorepartition along with a kernel that brings you CWM recovery to install/restore your ROM after repartition.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

i will definitely wait for the pit files then all i'm looking for is to get rid of those useless partitions like FOTA, Kernel2 etc. just to have more space on the internal memory for apps
13th October 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chieti
Thanks Meter: 4,878

1,238 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve87

i will definitely wait for the pit files then all i'm looking for is to get rid of those useless partitions like FOTA, Kernel2 etc. just to have more space on the internal memory for apps

Completely agree mate. Also HIDDEN, you don't need it on CM/CM-based custom ROMs

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to AntaresOne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #18  
Flag Somewhere over the Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 404

564 posts
More
I really have to say this guide is just A-W-E-S-O-M-E
The process is not that easy but very well explained

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread