Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Kernel request to Samsung

OP jadega

28th July 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hi!

We can fix a lot of Galaxy S Advance I9070 bugs like poor battery life or low audio quality and much much more, but only with your help.

These bugs are caused by OS kernel which is not up-to-date with stock ROMís and Samsung is refusing to update it. Our previous requests have been ignored by them, and the point is that Samsung have to update it, they are just forced by law and licensing terms of Linux, however they just donít want to do this because of some unknown reason.

We think that the only way to get an updated source code is toÖ Show the power of our community and spam them with request messages. Thatís the only way to fix A LOT of S Advance bugs still present. S3 Mini community have done this before with a great success, so we can do this too!

Itís a nasty way, but itís the only thing we can do as a community, because our previous requests had been ignored.

Weíd be very pleased if you want to help us. Itís easy, just send them the message provided below:



Contact form: HERE

Inquiry type: Request for Source Codes

Sample message:

Iíd like to request the most recent Linux kernel source code for Galaxy S Advance I9070. Source code already available on Samsung Opensource is very outdated and not up-to-date with Samsung internal source code, which can be proved.

According to GNU GPL license you are obliged to publish any source code you had changed in Linux kernel, and you are violating law by not publishing it.

Please, stop pretending that current kernel is up-to-date and just update it. Community have had enough waiting for you to even answer to our requests.



Thanks in advance!
Jadega
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadega For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #2  
arneldna's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 176
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadega

Hi!

We can fix a lot of Galaxy S Advance I9070 bugs like poor battery life or low audio quality and much much more, but only with your help.

These bugs are caused by OS kernel which is not up-to-date with stock ROMís and Samsung is refusing to update it. Our previous requests have been ignored by them, and the point is that Samsung have to update it, they are just forced by law and licensing terms of Linux, however they just donít want to do this because of some unknown reason.

We think that the only way to get an updated source code is toÖ Show the power of our community and spam them with request messages. Thatís the only way to fix A LOT of S Advance bugs still present. S3 Mini community have done this before with a great success, so we can do this too!

Itís a nasty way, but itís the only thing we can do as a community, because our previous requests had been ignored.

Weíd be very pleased if you want to help us. Itís easy, just send them the message provided below:



Contact form: HERE

Inquiry type: Request for Source Codes

Sample message:

Iíd like to request the most recent Linux kernel source code for Galaxy S Advance I9070. Source code already available on Samsung Opensource is very outdated and not up-to-date with Samsung internal source code, which can be proved.

According to GNU GPL license you are obliged to publish any source code you had changed in Linux kernel, and you are violating law by not publishing it.

Please, stop pretending that current kernel is up-to-date and just update it. Community have had enough waiting for you to even answer to our requests.



Thanks in advance!
Jadega

Thank you for sharing it here..I emailed them the moment I saw it on New Maclaw's site and it's quite amazing they suceeded in receving new kernel Sources..but I personally think this post needs to be in a more relevant thread, where MORE People can see this...
28th July 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Gr8 news!!!!
Received opensource code from samsung within 24 hrs...
Take a look of attached image below
Will upload the link as soon as possible, currently I'am out for some important work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-32-40.png
Views:	120
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	2873516  
28th July 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
http://opensource.samsung.com/(GT-I9070_EUR_JB_Opensource_Update1.zip)
Here's the link which I got from samsung but my phone is unable to open it
The Following User Says Thank You to jadega For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 8
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadega

http://opensource.samsung.com/(GT-I9070_EUR_JB_Opensource_Update1.zip)
Here's the link which I got from samsung but my phone is unable to open it

Here is a link for as phone http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...Value=GT-I9070
28th July 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrix1

Here is a link for as phone http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...Value=GT-I9070

Didn't you think these are old source codes
28th July 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Mendoza
Thanks Meter: 3,845
 
880 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadega

http://opensource.samsung.com/(GT-I9070_EUR_JB_Opensource_Update1.zip)
Here's the link which I got from samsung but my phone is unable to open it

Our phone came with Gingerbread, and when the Jellybean update came, that source you linked was the only thing dropped (because it's GPL), which is the current source code we are using for all the kernels available, including CM11 and CoCore.


I think the only time where the older one was used, was when Shaaan tried to port CM 7.2.


Erm, most of what we don't have it's the modem/RIL, that are not ST-Ericsson but Samsung. Unless Sammy has the 3.4 kernel hidden somewhere (very unlikely), anything that is released from now on, it's pretty minor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul L. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 367
 
1,004 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadega

Gr8 news!!!!
Received opensource code from samsung within 24 hrs...
Take a look of attached image below
Will upload the link as soon as possible, currently I'am out for some important work

I got same link this morning...

The Following User Says Thank You to Force For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes