[Q] Permanently disable wi-fi

Search This thread

sese306

Oct 8, 2012
Sibiu
Hi! I have an odd problem... My wi-fi is dead, for sure, and I want to disable it, forever. It just keeps trying to turn itself on, and it drains my battery.
I read on some sites that I have to delete the wi-fi libs from my phone and I'm fine.. but where are those libs? I've found a thread on this topic, this one http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/permanently-disable-wi-fi-s2-t2604586 , but there's no answer... I just want to know what to rename/delete, as I said, my battery lasts something like 7-8 hours if I put on some music in my headphones, and 13 hours max on idle.

Hope somebody will answer.. Thanks :D

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi! I have an odd problem... My wi-fi is dead, for sure, and I want to disable it, forever. It just keeps trying to turn itself on, and it drains my battery.
I read on some sites that I have to delete the wi-fi libs from my phone and I'm fine.. but where are those libs? I've found a thread on this topic, this one http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/permanently-disable-wi-fi-s2-t2604586 , but there's no answer... I just want to know what to rename/delete, as I said, my battery lasts something like 7-8 hours if I put on some music in my headphones, and 13 hours max on idle.

Hope somebody will answer.. Thanks :D

If you want help you need to provide what ROM are you use, do you use some scripts etc... I am not sure what the problem is, but you can try to do factory reset.

sese306

Oct 8, 2012
Sibiu
Look, I am using the Stock room, it's rooted, stock kernel. I don't need to fix my wi-fi, it's broken (hardware problem, my bluetooth is dead too), i've tested it, there's no fix for it, but to change the mainboard, and I'm not going to do that. What I want to know is which file to delete/ rename in order to have my wifi permanently disabled. I am using the stock 4.1.2 ROM.

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Look, I am using the Stock room, it's rooted, stock kernel. I don't need to fix my wi-fi, it's broken (hardware problem, my bluetooth is dead too), i've tested it, there's no fix for it, but to change the mainboard, and I'm not going to do that. What I want to know is which file to delete/ rename in order to have my wifi permanently disabled. I am using the stock 4.1.2 ROM.

Try to flash stock again,just to be sure that its hardware problem.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

When you turn off WIFI from options it should be off, it will not search network. What is happening to you?

sese306

Oct 8, 2012
Sibiu
Look, when I say it's a hardware problem, it's a hardware problem, I did test it, the result of the test was that "[NotSet]" driver thing, means my wifi is dead. I just want to know what I have to delete/rename/ whatever in order to have my wifi permanently disabled. That's all.I don't want to repair anything, ok?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Look, when I say it's a hardware problem, it's a hardware problem, I did test it, the result of the test was that "[NotSet]" driver thing, means my wifi is dead. I just want to know what I have to delete/rename/ whatever in order to have my wifi permanently disabled. That's all.I don't want to repair anything, ok?

Ok, do not pull a gun and shoot at me please. I say, when you disable wifi in options, it should not turn it self on. So I do not know why would you need to remove anything… But you can wait for someone else to answer too.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

Attachments

• 1972494_10203760050431412_802596025_n.jpg
    1972494_10203760050431412_802596025_n.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 121

sese306

Oct 8, 2012
Sibiu
I don't have any option like that one in my advanced wifi settings tab... I did change "keep wifi on during sleep" to "never", but I don't think it worked out... Where is that wifi driver located? Maybe I can delete it, and then I'm happy...

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I don't have any option like that one in my advanced wifi settings tab... I did change "keep wifi on during sleep" to "never", but I don't think it worked out... Where is that wifi driver located? Maybe I can delete it, and then I'm happy...

I have no idea. And I do not know if that will solve your problem, or it will cause some FC...

Reactions: sese306

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have no idea. And I do not know if that will solve your problem, or it will cause some FC...