Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Incoming call delay after updating to CarbonROM KitKat 4.4

Tip us?

Klaas68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Check if you have set up APN, on some ROMs it is not possible to be set automatically by provider. So you need to fill it manually. And you must do factory reset on ROM change to avoid those kind of problems too.
Do you mean a factoery reset just after installing the ROM and Gapps? I think indeed I have not done that.
For now it is working fine with Carbon but I will definately remember your tips for a next flash

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas68 View Post
Do you mean a factoery reset just after installing the ROM and Gapps? I think indeed I have not done that.
For now it is working fine with Carbon but I will definately remember your tips for a next flash
Yes, factory reset before or after (just need to to it when you change ROM) install of a new ROM. Unless you just doing update to new version of the same ROM. Then you do wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Klaas68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Yes, factory reset before or after (just need to to it when you change ROM) install of a new ROM. Unless you just doing update to new version of the same ROM. Then you do wipe cache and dalvik cache.
OK I did those 3 steps before flashing the new ROM. Sometimes I even had to do it twoce because the ROM did not install and raised a error 7 or so...
I think it was more a problem with the APN configuration and never before needed to do this manually...

harsh3793
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Updating from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4

Hello friends,
I am new on XDA forums.
I am currently using Carbon rom 4.4.2.
If i want to update it to 4.4.4 then will i lose my all Apps, games etc currently on my phone or not.
Thanks in Advance

rog_star
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh3793 View Post
Hello friends,
I am new on XDA forums.
I am currently using Carbon rom 4.4.2.
If i want to update it to 4.4.4 then will i lose my all Apps, games etc currently on my phone or not.
Thanks in Advance
If you dirty flash (just wipe cache/dalvik and install) the new version, you want loose your apps etc.
But I would recommend to do a clean flash (factory reset and format system), but before backup your apps with Titanium. After installing the new version you can restore your apps and data.
But anyway, before wiping/installing anything do a nandroid backup. So if anything went wrong, you can go back in just a minute.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
ROM: Slimkat
Baseband: XXLQL
Launcher: Nova Prime
GApps: Slim_mini_gapps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rog_star For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ian2189
Old
(Last edited by ian2189; Yesterday at 04:32 PM.) Reason: mistake
Thanks Meter 0
Default solution ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas68 View Post
The problem is that when receiving an incoming call, it appears that the caller does not hear my voice during the first 5 seconds or so. Mostly this is the time that I say "hello <my name> speaking" but this is not heared by the caller. Now I am forced to wait those few seconds before saying my name. I tested it with my other home phone line and this unwanted behaviour does seem to be persistent.

It is pretty annoying and really a flaw to this otherwise great update. Any ideas how to fix this?

Has anyone solved this problem ? I have this problem with every rom that i've tried. I'm losing patience with android phone.

MikiGry
Old
Thanks Meter 51
@ian2189
Dont blame google for samsung mistakes. It isnt android problem couz my friend is using sII and there isnt any problem. Our phone is not an flagship like s 5 or nexus 5 so it has problems.
But this dealy is usefull sometimes.
For example if u want to unsware the call and u are stressed u can take a deep breath before u hear voice for other side

Wysłane z Light-fonika 1-2 ....