"kies does not support initializing", wifi issues

OP przemke

23rd August 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

107 posts
My GF's phone - just bough used - after some time started having trouble with wifi. It just won't turn on. No connection issues, just the wifi function doesnt want to start.
We did factory reset then another from that boot menu including cashe wipe but no result

Andorid is 4.1.2 (that neweest official i think) and theres the following message "kies does not support initializing" so not possible to reflash from Kies. Usb debugging was enabled
Do you think it will be possible from that Odin (never used it before) ? Will it void warranty or any risk if I want just the official rom for her ?

If not I will have to return for warranty repair it looks like ?
24th August 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

107 posts
No one can advice anytjhing ?
24th August 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,433

7,562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by przemke

My GF's phone - just bough used - after some time started having trouble with wifi. It just won't turn on. No connection issues, just the wifi function doesnt want to start.
We did factory reset then another from that boot menu including cashe wipe but no result

Andorid is 4.1.2 (that neweest official i think) and theres the following message "kies does not support initializing" so not possible to reflash from Kies. Usb debugging was enabled
Do you think it will be possible from that Odin (never used it before) ? Will it void warranty or any risk if I want just the official rom for her ?

If not I will have to return for warranty repair it looks like ?

I would go for warranty if device has it. We had some problems with CM11 with kernel for wifi. But I never heard someone has that problem on stock. So better let them (service) fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread