Flashing Guide [Team 3xtr3m3 | ICS333 ROM]

Search This thread

psyqiq

Aug 14, 2011
FLASHING GUIDE​
<Team 3xtr3m3 | ICS333 ROM>
NOTE : NOT ALL THESE STEPS ARE A MUST OR NEEDED TO BE DONE IN THIS PARTICULAR WAY, BUT IT IS BEST TO DO SO IN ORDER TO AVOID FURTHER PROBLEMS AND MAKE SURE THE FLASHING PROCESS IS AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE.

>EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED<

PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE YOUR TIME !

THIS ROM AUTOMATICALLY SAVES YOUR IMEI FOR RESTORING IN CASE YOU LOSE IT!

SOME MAY LOSE THEIR IMEI AFTER FLASHING ICS SO JUST USE THE GUIDE FOR
RESTORING IMEI AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!

I DO NOT ANSWER TO QUESTIONS WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED IN THIS TUTORIAL OR IN THE LINKS THIS TUTORIAL PROVIDES !

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO STEP BY STEP :

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO FLASH ICS FROM GB TO MAKE THE FLASHING PROCESS AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE AND TO AVOID POTENTIAL ISSUES!

1. Download the GB Flash KIT which includes the following (XXJW5 2.3.6 GB ROM, PIT file, CF-Root Kernel for Odin, Odin3-v1.85 and Samsung Driver) : http://d-h.st/4nP

NOTE : It would be best to have your phone fully charged before flashing

2. If you haven`t already installed the driver, install it from the GB Flash KIT.

> Plug your phone into the PC and format internal SD

NOTE : The steps below require the know-how of download mode and clockworkmod recovery (CWM) :

For putting the phone in download mode : Keep pressed volume down + home button + power button until it goes into download mode.

For accesing CWM : Keep pressed volume up + home button + power button until the phone reboots.As soon as you see the "Galaxy S" logo, release the buttons.Now you are in CWM.

3. Enter Download Mode, open Odin, check Re-Partition, press PIT button and browse for the PIT file, press PDA button and browse for the PDA file in the ROM folder, press PHONE button and browse for the PHONE file, press CSC button and browse for the CSC file and finally press START button.Wait till it`s finished and when the phone reboots disconnect from PC.

4. When the phone has booted into the ROM and you see the wizard screen just enter download mode again, plug your phone into the PC, open Odin, press PDA button and browse for the CF-Root kernel, press START button and wait for it to finish.After the phone reboots disconnect it from the PC, let it boot and when you`re in the ROM, set your phone to mass storage mode from settings>wireless & network>usb settings and plug your phone into the PC, copy the ICS333 ROM to your internal SD root location, assuming you have downloaded it from here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH and disconnect from PC.

5. Enter CWM, Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and flash the ROM.You will notice the phone will reboot immediately because it will switch kernels, from CF-Root to Semaphore, prior to flashing the actual ROM.As a result, it will boot loop or get stuck on Semaphore logo, so just force it into CWM using the 3 key combo (no need to take the battery out).Now flash the rom again and wait till it`s finished and > Reboot to system!.

IMPORTANT : After reboot, enter CWM, flash GAPPS provided here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH and reboot.That`s it.You`re done!.

NOTE : You may not succeed from the first try with the 3 key combo, it`s a matter of timing when releasing the buttons to enter CWM.Just make sure you release the buttons as soon as you see the Galaxy S logo.You will get passed the bootloop/Semaphore logo and enter CWM eventually!

If you still didn`t succeed, turn off phone and turn it on by using the 3 key combo to go directly into CWM.

IMPORTANT : You may encounter a Phone Encryption problem at first boot, so all you need to do is > enter CWM > flash the rom again > Reboot!

As a last resort, if every method above failed, try this :

1. Flash GB ROM

2. Flash CF-Root Kernel

3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache

4. Flash this script : http://d-h.st/P2M

5. Flash Devil Kernel [choose any CFS_BLN_CMC version] : http://devil.haxer.org

6. Flash ICS333 ROM, don`t reboot yet

7. Flash the script again : http://d-h.st/P2M

8. Flash Devil Kernel again : http://devil.haxer.org

9. Flash GAPPS provided here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH

10. Reboot twice

>> Done!

If you are not satisfied with your modem`s performance or you end up with "Baseband Unknown", try a different one from here : http://goo.gl/R9q5l

Depending on the region you are in, modems can make a huge difference!

But usually 3G/Internet usage will discharge battery faster than Wi-Fi usage.

THERE IS NO "BEST MODEM" > you have to experiment yourselves with these modems!

You may experience soft reboots or slow downs/hangs if you mess with voltages, specific governor-scheduler combos or if you overclock.

If you are not satisfied with the stock launcher, in terms of speed and stability, I highly recommend using Nova Launcher instead, it performs better than Apex Launcher, as I`ve tested myself, it has great features and customizations and it compliments the rom, plus it looks like stock, preserving the ICS look : http://goo.gl/y479F

NOTE : For fully working H/W Decoding on video playing please use DicePlayer : http://goo.gl/4BHth

IMPORTANT : If you encounter "Low on Storage" issue just flash this via CWM and reboot! : http://d-h.st/94L

IMPORTANT : If you have problems with media storage (file detection/duplicates issues) this is what you have to do :

Go to System Settings > Apps > ALL tab > scroll down for Media Storage > Clear Data, Force Stop!

Reboot phone and give it some more time to scan for everything (especially if you have lots of multimedia files)!

Everything should be OK now.

Also, when an app FC`s, go to > Manage apps > find the app > Clear Data > Reboot!

IMPORTANT [Titanium Backup] : Before you make a backup do this : Open Titanium Backup > Tap Menu Button > Preferences > Scroll down to "Troubleshooting settings" > check "Follow all symbolic links".Done.

IMPORTANT [GPS] : Make sure you install FasterFix : http://goo.gl/660r6 > open it > choose a region/server according to your location > press GO.Now your GPS will work properly and get a lock faster.

> Tested iGO and it works just fine

NOTE [VIBER] : In order for Viber to fully work, use Root Explorer or Ghost Commander, go to > /system/build.prop > edit build.prop file > find the line "ro.product.model=GT-I9000" and replace "GT-I9000" with "Nexus S".Save and exit.Reboot!

HOW TO RESTORE IMEI [EFS Folder], IF NEEDED, USING Nitrality (free app) > http://goo.gl/9hxOB :​

1. Install "Nitrality" from Google Play Store, open it, grant root acces.

2. Go to "Tools" > Restore /efs > Reboot!

3. Done!

NOTE : If for some reason Nitrality doesn`t do the job, restore your IMEI using the guides below.

HOW TO RESTORE IMEI [EFS Folder], IF NEEDED, USING Root Explorer (paid app) > http://goo.gl/xBqok :​

First check if you`ve lost your IMEI : open Dialer, input *#06# and if the IMEI number starts with "049" then it means you lost your IMEI and you have to restore it.​

1. After you flashed the ICS333 Rom, install Root Explorer.

2. Go to "/sdcard/backup", open "efs" folder, press "Menu" button > Multi-Select > Select All > Copy.

3. Go back to root "/", open "efs" folder and paste the contents here, when asked, check to replace all files.

4. Reboot

5. Done!

NOTE : It is important not to copy the EFS folder itself , when you want to restore IMEI, but the contents within the EFS folder, which will replace the contents of the EFS folder from the root "/EFS".

HOW TO RESTORE IMEI [EFS Folder], IF NEEDED, USING Ghost Commander File Manager (free app) > http://goo.gl/J0TF9 :​

1. After you flashed the ICS333 Rom, install Ghost Commander File Manager.Open Ghost Commander File Manager > Menu button > Application > Settings > Scroll down to "Advanced" > Check "Show root and mounts", check "Automatic root mode" > Go back and hold the phone in landscape mode.Now you will have two panels (left panel next to the front camera and right panel next to the home button).

2. On the left panel, tap on "root mode", open "/efs" folder

3. On the right panel, tap on "root mode", go to "/mnt/sdcard/backup" (open folders by double tap), open "/efs" folder, select all files within the efs folder, one by one (one tap to select a file), tap on "5 copy", a windows will open saying "Copy # items to : root:/efs", which is the location you are in the left panel, tap on "OK" and all the files will be automatically overwritten.

4. Reboot

5. Done!

HOW TO EXPORT A LOG FILE
(LOGCAT) FOR DEBUGGING via Android Terminal Emulator : http://goo.gl/oLRC0
<by providing the logcat to the devs, you can REALLY help the debugging process when something goes wrong with the rom>​

[Semaphore Kernel Users] :

1. Open Semaphore app > Kernel Features > check "Logger" > Reboot!

2. Install Android Terminal Emulator : http://goo.gl/oLRC0

3. Let the phone run for 3/4 hours > open Android Terminal Emulator > type "su" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key, grant root if asked, now type "logcat>/sdcard/logcat.txt" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key.

4. Now you have created a text file with the logcat.Done!

[USERS WITH ANOTHER KERNEL] :

1. If the kernel you are using, comes with an app (like the Semaphore app), search for an option which allows you to enable the logger.If you don`t have any app, most probably you have to enable the logger via CWM, just acces CWM and search where you can enable the logger and reboot.

2. Let the phone run for 3/4 hours > install and open Android Terminal Emulator > type "su" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key, grant root if asked, now type "logcat>/sdcard/logcat.txt" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key.

3. Now you have created a text file with the logcat.Done!

If you followed every step in this tutorial it is highly unlikely to fail this, only if you can`t read English properly.

If you have questions/problems or you just want to chat about it, go here : http://webchat.freenode.net

Channel : ##ICS333

If you found this guide helpful just press “Thanks” . Keep the thread clean and use the IRC channel!

Good Luck! :cool:

Enjoy this wonderful ROM !

Last edited:

gazza1988

Mar 12, 2011
Nottingham, UK
Hi mate I tried flashing using your guide but I am still stuck.

My phone keeps trying to boot after I wipe for the second time (after the bootloop from changing kernels, I already sorted that out)

After flashing the rom (properly after the bootloop due to kernel change) I wipe data/cache/dalvik. That happens fine but when I boot I get the gt-i9000 startup splash then the semaphore splash stays on for a while then the phone resets. It then loops the same thing.

I took the battery out and tried to enter recovery mode but the same happens again. Turning the phone on normally result n the same thing happening.

I haven't overclocked or anything like that.

However altering your method I have it working (I did however have the same problem as I mentioned above (the bootloop between the starting screen and the kernel screen) but that came after using the rom for a few hours leaving it in my pocket.

I got it working by:

1. download the files
2. formatted internal sd
3. flashed JW5 and let it load
4. flashed cf-root
5. put ICS333, kernel cleanup script, devil kernel that you suggested and GAPPS zip files on internal sd
6. turn phone off and then boot into recovery
7. wiped data/cache/dalvik
8. run the kernel cleanup zip
9. flash ICS333 and wait for bootloop
10. get into recovery
11. flash ICS333 zip again
12. when done flash GAPPS
13. when done reboot into recovery.
14. run kernel cleanup zip for second time
15. Install devil kernel
16. reboot system

Job done.

It is currently 00:22 in the UK so I'm going to bed. I'll leave my phone running through the night and I will see if I have the same issue as before.

Reactions: rjasousa

psyqiq

Aug 14, 2011
yep.it seems semaphore 1.1.1 version is really causing problems for some people. thanks for your feedback so people with similar issues like yours can try flashing the rom like you did as an alternative.

wmka2000

May 25, 2011
I faced problem with 3 keys combo recovery mod, they are not working while downloading keys working, and recovery working from CWM manager,phone stucked in boot loop after installed new ICS333 Rom. do you have idea if I can install kernel first then not go into boot loop, thanks.

chientn

May 7, 2012

My phone keeps trying to boot after I wipe for the second time (after the bootloop from changing kernels, I already sorted that out)

After flashing the rom (properly after the bootloop due to kernel change) I wipe data/cache/dalvik. That happens fine but when I boot I get the gt-i9000 startup splash then the semaphore splash stays on for a while then the phone resets. It then loops the same thing.

I took the battery out and tried to enter recovery mode but the same happens again. Turning the phone on normally result n the same thing happening.

However altering your method I have it working (I did however have the same problem as I mentioned above (the bootloop between the starting screen and the kernel screen) but that came after using the rom for a few hours leaving it in my pocket.

I got it working by:

1. download the files
2. formatted internal sd
4. flashed cf-root
5. put ICS333, kernel cleanup script, devil kernel that you suggested and GAPPS zip files on internal sd
10. get into recovery
15. Install devil kernel
16. reboot system

Job done.

It is currently 00:22 in the UK so I'm going to bed. I'll leave my phone running through the night and I will see if I have the same issue as before.

I have the same problem, the device's bootloop & bootloop, someone help us please

Reactions: david-x1

psyqiq

Aug 14, 2011
I have the same problem, the device's bootloop & bootloop, someone help us please

NOTE : You may not succeed from the first try with the 3 key combo, it`s a matter of timing when releasing the buttons to enter CWM.Just make sure you release the buttons as soon as you see the Galaxy S logo.You will get passed the bootloop and enter CWM eventually!

If you still didn`t succeed, turn off phone and turn it on by using the 3 key combo to go directly into CWM.

Last edited:

salzheld

Feb 26, 2012
Einbeck
Consider using Midnight-Kernel for next release. No reboots and zero FC's here.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

chientn

May 7, 2012
NOTE : You may not succeed from the first try with the 3 key combo, it`s a matter of timing when releasing the buttons to enter CWM.Just make sure you release the buttons as soon as you see the Galaxy S logo.You will get passed the bootloop and enter CWM eventually!

thank you but i cannot pass the booloop, after i enter CWM and re-install the ICS rom i get bootloop again, after that, i cannot access the CWM again....

elvismercado

May 12, 2012
Data Network not working

Hi i installed this ROM today and it really seems flawless. I really love that it's on the SGS.

My problem is that i have never had a problem getting my data network to work when i have installed e new ROM. I have deleted and rebooted and reinstalled the APN in the mobile network settings but it's still not working.

Could someone tell me what the problem is?

psyqiq

Aug 14, 2011
Hi i installed this ROM today and it really seems flawless. I really love that it's on the SGS.

My problem is that i have never had a problem getting my data network to work when i have installed e new ROM. I have deleted and rebooted and reinstalled the APN in the mobile network settings but it's still not working.

Could someone tell me what the problem is?

do you have "Data enabled" checked in Mobile networks menu?

Kristi-Tech

Feb 14, 2012
Tirana
I just installed this rom and till now 0 problems, everything it's OK :)

Kernel: Semaphore ICS 1.2.0s
Modem: JVU
Just as it was, without any change....now let see how it's the battery life.

simplymonis

Oct 15, 2010
NEW DELHI
HOW TO BACKUP IMEI [EFS Folder] using Root Explorer :

1. After you flashed the GB Rom and obtained root, install Root Explorer.

2. Enter Root Explorer, go to root "/", long press "efs" folder and copy it to "external_sd".

4. After you flashed the ICS Rom, install Root Explorer.

5. Go to root "/", search for "/emmc", open "efs" folder you saved, press "Menu" button > Multi-Select > Select All > Copy.

6. Go back to root "/", open "efs" folder and paste the contents here, when asked, check to overwrite for all files.

7. Reboot

8. Done!
Is it really essential to to change anything in EFS folder unless any one face any problem related to IMEI no.
Till backup of EFS is fine but restoring EFS folder for no reason is not good thing
As i know efs folder contain very dedicated data.

If i am wrong just correct me..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLASHING GUIDE​
    <Team 3xtr3m3 | ICS333 ROM>
    NOTE : NOT ALL THESE STEPS ARE A MUST OR NEEDED TO BE DONE IN THIS PARTICULAR WAY, BUT IT IS BEST TO DO SO IN ORDER TO AVOID FURTHER PROBLEMS AND MAKE SURE THE FLASHING PROCESS IS AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE.

>EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED<

PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE YOUR TIME !

THIS ROM AUTOMATICALLY SAVES YOUR IMEI FOR RESTORING IN CASE YOU LOSE IT!

SOME MAY LOSE THEIR IMEI AFTER FLASHING ICS SO JUST USE THE GUIDE FOR
    RESTORING IMEI AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!

I DO NOT ANSWER TO QUESTIONS WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED IN THIS TUTORIAL OR IN THE LINKS THIS TUTORIAL PROVIDES !

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO STEP BY STEP :

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO FLASH ICS FROM GB TO MAKE THE FLASHING PROCESS AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE AND TO AVOID POTENTIAL ISSUES!

1. Download the GB Flash KIT which includes the following (XXJW5 2.3.6 GB ROM, PIT file, CF-Root Kernel for Odin, Odin3-v1.85 and Samsung Driver) : http://d-h.st/4nP

NOTE : It would be best to have your phone fully charged before flashing

2. If you haven`t already installed the driver, install it from the GB Flash KIT.

> Plug your phone into the PC and format internal SD

NOTE : The steps below require the know-how of download mode and clockworkmod recovery (CWM) :

For putting the phone in download mode : Keep pressed volume down + home button + power button until it goes into download mode.

For accesing CWM : Keep pressed volume up + home button + power button until the phone reboots.As soon as you see the "Galaxy S" logo, release the buttons.Now you are in CWM.

3. Enter Download Mode, open Odin, check Re-Partition, press PIT button and browse for the PIT file, press PDA button and browse for the PDA file in the ROM folder, press PHONE button and browse for the PHONE file, press CSC button and browse for the CSC file and finally press START button.Wait till it`s finished and when the phone reboots disconnect from PC.

4. When the phone has booted into the ROM and you see the wizard screen just enter download mode again, plug your phone into the PC, open Odin, press PDA button and browse for the CF-Root kernel, press START button and wait for it to finish.After the phone reboots disconnect it from the PC, let it boot and when you`re in the ROM, set your phone to mass storage mode from settings>wireless & network>usb settings and plug your phone into the PC, copy the ICS333 ROM to your internal SD root location, assuming you have downloaded it from here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH and disconnect from PC.

5. Enter CWM, Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and flash the ROM.You will notice the phone will reboot immediately because it will switch kernels, from CF-Root to Semaphore, prior to flashing the actual ROM.As a result, it will boot loop or get stuck on Semaphore logo, so just force it into CWM using the 3 key combo (no need to take the battery out).Now flash the rom again and wait till it`s finished and > Reboot to system!.

IMPORTANT : After reboot, enter CWM, flash GAPPS provided here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH and reboot.That`s it.You`re done!.

NOTE : You may not succeed from the first try with the 3 key combo, it`s a matter of timing when releasing the buttons to enter CWM.Just make sure you release the buttons as soon as you see the Galaxy S logo.You will get passed the bootloop/Semaphore logo and enter CWM eventually!

IMPORTANT : You may encounter a Phone Encryption problem at first boot, so all you need to do is > enter CWM > flash the rom again > Reboot!

As a last resort, if every method above failed, try this :

1. Flash GB ROM

2. Flash CF-Root Kernel

3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache

4. Flash this script : http://d-h.st/P2M

5. Flash Devil Kernel [choose any CFS_BLN_CMC version] : http://devil.haxer.org

6. Flash ICS333 ROM, don`t reboot yet

7. Flash the script again : http://d-h.st/P2M

8. Flash Devil Kernel again : http://devil.haxer.org

9. Flash GAPPS provided here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH

10. Reboot twice

>> Done!

If you are not satisfied with your modem`s performance or you end up with "Baseband Unknown", try a different one from here : http://goo.gl/R9q5l

Depending on the region you are in, modems can make a huge difference!

But usually 3G/Internet usage will discharge battery faster than Wi-Fi usage.

THERE IS NO "BEST MODEM" > you have to experiment yourselves with these modems!

You may experience soft reboots or slow downs/hangs if you mess with voltages, specific governor-scheduler combos or if you overclock.

If you are not satisfied with the stock launcher, in terms of speed and stability, I highly recommend using Nova Launcher instead, it performs better than Apex Launcher, as I`ve tested myself, it has great features and customizations and it compliments the rom, plus it looks like stock, preserving the ICS look : http://goo.gl/y479F

NOTE : For fully working H/W Decoding on video playing please use DicePlayer : http://goo.gl/4BHth

IMPORTANT : If you encounter "Low on Storage" issue just flash this via CWM and reboot! : http://d-h.st/94L

IMPORTANT : If you have problems with media storage (file detection/duplicates issues) this is what you have to do :

Go to System Settings > Apps > ALL tab > scroll down for Media Storage > Clear Data, Force Stop!

Reboot phone and give it some more time to scan for everything (especially if you have lots of multimedia files)!

Everything should be OK now.

Also, when an app FC`s, go to > Manage apps > find the app > Clear Data > Reboot!

IMPORTANT [Titanium Backup] : Before you make a backup do this : Open Titanium Backup > Tap Menu Button > Preferences > Scroll down to "Troubleshooting settings" > check "Follow all symbolic links".Done.

IMPORTANT [GPS] : Make sure you install FasterFix : http://goo.gl/660r6 > open it > choose a region/server according to your location > press GO.Now your GPS will work properly and get a lock faster.

> Tested iGO and it works just fine

NOTE [VIBER] : In order for Viber to fully work, use Root Explorer or Ghost Commander, go to > /system/build.prop > edit build.prop file > find the line "ro.product.model=GT-I9000" and replace "GT-I9000" with "Nexus S".Save and exit.Reboot!

HOW TO RESTORE IMEI [EFS Folder], IF NEEDED, USING Nitrality (free app) > http://goo.gl/9hxOB :​

1. Install "Nitrality" from Google Play Store, open it, grant root acces.

2. Go to "Tools" > Restore /efs > Reboot!

3. Done!

NOTE : If for some reason Nitrality doesn`t do the job, restore your IMEI using the guides below.

HOW TO RESTORE IMEI [EFS Folder], IF NEEDED, USING Root Explorer (paid app) > http://goo.gl/xBqok :​

First check if you`ve lost your IMEI : open Dialer, input *#06# and if the IMEI number starts with "049" then it means you lost your IMEI and you have to restore it.​

1. After you flashed the ICS333 Rom, install Root Explorer.

2. Go to "/sdcard/backup", open "efs" folder, press "Menu" button > Multi-Select > Select All > Copy.

3. Go back to root "/", open "efs" folder and paste the contents here, when asked, check to replace all files.

4. Reboot

5. Done!

NOTE : It is important not to copy the EFS folder itself , when you want to restore IMEI, but the contents within the EFS folder, which will replace the contents of the EFS folder from the root "/EFS".

HOW TO RESTORE IMEI [EFS Folder], IF NEEDED, USING Ghost Commander File Manager (free app) > http://goo.gl/J0TF9 :​

1. After you flashed the ICS333 Rom, install Ghost Commander File Manager.Open Ghost Commander File Manager > Menu button > Application > Settings > Scroll down to "Advanced" > Check "Show root and mounts", check "Automatic root mode" > Go back and hold the phone in landscape mode.Now you will have two panels (left panel next to the front camera and right panel next to the home button).

2. On the left panel, tap on "root mode", open "/efs" folder

3. On the right panel, tap on "root mode", go to "/mnt/sdcard/backup" (open folders by double tap), open "/efs" folder, select all files within the efs folder, one by one (one tap to select a file), tap on "5 copy", a windows will open saying "Copy # items to : root:/efs", which is the location you are in the left panel, tap on "OK" and all the files will be automatically overwritten.

4. Reboot

5. Done!

HOW TO EXPORT A LOG FILE
    (LOGCAT) FOR DEBUGGING via Android Terminal Emulator : http://goo.gl/oLRC0
    <by providing the logcat to the devs, you can REALLY help the debugging process when something goes wrong with the rom>​

[Semaphore Kernel Users] :

1. Open Semaphore app > Kernel Features > check "Logger" > Reboot!

2. Install Android Terminal Emulator : http://goo.gl/oLRC0

3. Let the phone run for 3/4 hours > open Android Terminal Emulator > type "su" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key, grant root if asked, now type "logcat>/sdcard/logcat.txt" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key.

4. Now you have created a text file with the logcat.Done!

[USERS WITH ANOTHER KERNEL] :

1. If the kernel you are using, comes with an app (like the Semaphore app), search for an option which allows you to enable the logger.If you don`t have any app, most probably you have to enable the logger via CWM, just acces CWM and search where you can enable the logger and reboot.

2. Let the phone run for 3/4 hours > install and open Android Terminal Emulator > type "su" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key, grant root if asked, now type "logcat>/sdcard/logcat.txt" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key.

3. Now you have created a text file with the logcat.Done!

If you followed every step in this tutorial it is highly unlikely to fail this, only if you can`t read English properly.

If you have questions/problems or you just want to chat about it, go here : http://webchat.freenode.net

Channel : ##ICS333

If you found this guide helpful just press “Thanks” . Keep the thread clean and use the IRC channel!

Good Luck! :cool:

Enjoy this wonderful ROM !
    Heys I recently follow the current guide on flashing the new ics33 room and I can't get past the Phone Encryption problem, I have tried every guide posted on this thread and nothing works.. any advice ?

1. Flash ICS333 v1.1 http://d-h.st/s0g
    2. Factory wipe/reset, dalvik wipe, cache wipe.
    3. Flash (without reboot) ICS333 2.0.1

there seems to be a problem with the updater script.it will be solved.

After running the first set of odin following your guide my phone will not come back on. Odin said pass phone has not come back on since then. Nothing will happen with pwr button pressed. Did my phone die?

what you are saying is practically impossible, if Odin flashed everything succesfully, only if your phone is not a GT-i9000.If the phone doesn`t power on anymore then unfortunately it means you bricked it and you have a dead boot.You need to go to a service and get your phone back up and running.

I tried flashing to this rom yesterday. I followed the guide fully.
    Had the encryption error, flashed again and again and still had the encryption error.
    Tried the devil method and kept getting stuck on boot at the devil screen.

I would really like to try this rom, any good ideas ?

1. Flash ICS333 v1.1 http://d-h.st/s0g
    2. Factory wipe/reset, dalvik wipe, cache wipe.
    3. Flash (without reboot) ICS333 2.0.1

there seems to be a problem with the updater script.it will be solved.
    Relax :) no one is arguing about that. I simply believe in not carrying any superfluous ballast.

Greetings,
    chronowerx2k

PS: I've written a little tutorial about how to "repair" the IMEI by using Ghost Explorer (which is free compared to Root Explorer) - are you interested in adding that to your tutorial?

flashing guide updated :

~ added > How to backup IMEI with Ghost Commander File Manager (free alternative to Root Explorer)

good for those who don`t like/use Root Explorer.

I got it working by:

1. download the files
    2. formatted internal sd
    4. flashed cf-root
    10. get into recovery
    15. Install devil kernel
    16. reboot system

Job done.

I also get unsuccessful phone encryption every time I install this rom using this guide and re-flashing the rom doesn't help. This is what works for me:

Before first bootup of ICS333 stay in CWM or enter again if autorebooted.

1. In CWM, enter Mounts & Storage and see if you can mount the data partition (I couldn't).
    2. Format data partition from this menu (it seems the wipe somehow fails with this).
    3. Do step 1 again to see if it now works, it should.
    4. Reboot and hopefully you now won't get any encryption problems.

/Tomas