Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GT-I9000 Problem with Stock-, Custom-Rom, Kernel and Recovery!

Tip us?

joonas_d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage GT-I9000 Problem with Stock-, Custom-Rom, Kernel and Recovery!

Hello,
I have a big problem with my GT-i9000 (yes its very old!)
I think first I have to explain the situation:

When I was 12 I wanted to learning Android App Development because I can program JAVA and I know that Android is JAVA. So my dad bought me a (used) phone with a Telecom branding from Germany (my home country). The GT-I9000, Samsung's flagship! I began to develop Apps. After a while, I flashed a Custom Recovery and i rooted it to install CyanogenMod 11.2. All went fine! Until i wanted to install TouchWiz over a Mod per CWM. But that went wrong... I don't know how but I was able to flash CM 11.2 again. But everytime when I flashed something, my phone didn't boot right. It always kept in the bootscreen. The cm circle circulated for hours.. But every time it was possible to fix that. I only had to delete my /system folder before flashing anything. But once (now, 2 years after I bought my phone), I wanted to flash Paranoid Android 4.4.4 (I already tested it and all went fine s it wasn't incompatible). I deletd the system folder like everytime and... Status 7... I tried to flash the stock ROM because i cant put another custem rom on my phone without any firmware (remember i deleted /system).
But i dont know my Bseband version and the CSC code... I tried to flash CWM with some Kernels. It was pposible but as i wanted to flash anything, it couldn't find the /sdcard or /sdcard1 folder
What to do? Does anyone know whats my CSC code, and post me a complete package witch all the files I need?

downhere
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi,

at first there are some things to sort out:

- There's no CM11.2. There is CM11, and there is CM10.2.
- If you install CM11 over a prior version like stock or CM10.2, you will get a Status 7 error to inform you about the changed partition layout and telling you to flash the CM11 zip once more if you really want to install it as your phone will be wiped completely.
- I'm not sure, but just formatting /system isn't sufficient. You should do a complete wipe (don't forget to do a nandroid backup before...)
- If you want to go back to stock, you'll need a 3 files firmware and a proper pit file. Use Heimdall for flashing, and tick repartition.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to downhere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]