Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting a JV9 SGS?

Tip us?
 
moorkai
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 76
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default [Q] Rooting a JV9 SGS?

Howdy guys!

A friend of mine has an i9000 with GB installed on it and now he wants to root his phone. SuperOneClick and Z4Root didn't help. So, flashing a rooted kernel seems like an only option to me. What would be most appropriate to do according to the following details:

Kies
PDA: JV9
PHONE: JVO
CSC: JV7

About screen
Firmware version: 2.3.3
Baseband version: I9000XXJVO
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9000BOJV9-CL404614, root@DELL130 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.BOJV9

Fuguroot, CF-Root (maybe CF-Root-XF_TSR_JVA-v4.3-CWM3RFS.zip or CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVO-v3.2-CWM3RFS.zip), downgrading or upgrading via Odin and then flashing a rooted kernel?

Thanks in advance!
 
Donovan662
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 206
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Hague
Yeah u can upgrade 2 JVT with odin
http://db.tt/sJ2uJB3F

& root with
http://db.tt/9jugXMKM
The Following User Says Thank You to Donovan662 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
moorkai
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 76
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thank you for helping another newbie on the XDA forums. It worked like a charm!
 
csanzhenry
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Default Odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan662 View Post
Yeah u can upgrade 2 JVT with odin
& root with (links removed because it won't let me post with them in as a newbie)
Hiya, Please can you tell me which bits need to go where in Odin - I'm not 100% new but apart from the PIT file I'm a little lost.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
 
kalpetros
Old
#5  
kalpetros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 35.34, 25.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanzhenry View Post
Hiya, Please can you tell me which bits need to go where in Odin - I'm not 100% new but apart from the PIT file I'm a little lost.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
In Odin 1.83 (the last supported version for I9000):

CODE -> PDA

CSC -> CSC

MODEM -> PHONE
 
csanzhenry
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpetros View Post
In Odin 1.83 (the last supported version for I9000):

CODE -> PDA

CSC -> CSC

MODEM -> PHONE
Thanks very much for that. Unfortunately I'm now faced with the "USB not recognised". The cables that the PC detects, the phone doesn't and the one cable that sends the phone into MTP mode,the PC doesn't. *headdesks*

Oh well..
 
kalpetros
Old
#7  
kalpetros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 35.34, 25.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanzhenry View Post
Thanks very much for that. Unfortunately I'm now faced with the "USB not recognised". The cables that the PC detects, the phone doesn't and the one cable that sends the phone into MTP mode,the PC doesn't. *headdesks*

Oh well..
You need the Samsung USB Drivers in order to flash using Odin.

Your phone must also be in Download mode.
 
csanzhenry
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpetros View Post
You need the Samsung USB Drivers in order to flash using Odin.

Your phone must also be in Download mode.
I can get the phone into download mode okay and I.'m pretty sure I have the d rivers installed right. It seems to be the cables, the phone charges just didn't recognise the cable as a proper connection.
 
kalpetros
Old
#9  
kalpetros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 35.34, 25.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanzhenry View Post
I can get the phone into download mode okay and I.'m pretty sure I have the d rivers installed right. It seems to be the cables, the phone charges just didn't recognise the cable as a proper connection.
Re-install the drivers.
 
pryerlee
Old
#10  
pryerlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 484
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bristol
if you have Samsung kies installed and running disabled it as well.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes