Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[I9001][Solved] Odin crashes one package md5

OP Thymo

18th August 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hengelo, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 11

118 posts
More
Hello my fellow xda friends.

i decided to try and get my old well loved SGS+ back to life. But a problem arised. Whenever i select a md5 file from the one package button in Odin 4.43 Odin just crashes. Anyone knows what's up with this or how i can fix it? Maybe use a different version of Odin?

i'm using this guide to (try to) restore my SGS+ to operating capabilities. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1922505
Last edited by Thymo; 21st August 2014 at 06:48 AM.
18th August 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag 35.34, 25.13
Thanks Meter: 29

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymo

Hello my fellow xda friends.

i decided to try and get my old well loved SGS+ back to life. But a problem arised. Whenever i select a md5 file from the one package button in Odin 4.43 Odin just crashes. Anyone knows what's up with this or how i can fix it? Maybe use a different version of Odin?

i'm using this guide to (try to) restore my SGS+ to operating capabilities. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1922505

Try with Odin 1.83 as this is the supported version for I9000.
19th August 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpetros

Try with Odin 1.83 as this is the supported version for I9000.

I checked it out but that doesn't have the "One package" option. And i've got the I9001 not the I9000.
19th August 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag 35.34, 25.13

174 posts
More
Quote:

I checked it out but that doesn't have the "One package" option. And i've got the I9001 not the I9000.

Sorry, I misread.

Is Kies installed? If yes then remove (or disable) it because Odin and Kies don't work well together (they might use the same serial port and that causes issues with Odin). Install just the Samsung USB drivers.

Quote:

[Q] Why use Kies when using Odin with Windows OS

Posted on March 25, 2012 by tinieblax

I have tried for over a week to flash my SGS2 with Odin from both Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP Pro SP3 with no success. I followed instructions to install Kies so that windows installed the Samsung drivers. I closed Kies down and checked that no part of it was running in process by using Task Manager. Odin appeared to run and then hang, somtimes completing with the dread Red colour and Failed! legend. I tried everything. Battery out SIM out. Still no success.

Then I hit on a link to download the Samsung drivers without Kies. I also found references to the fact that Odin and Kies don’t play nice!

So, as it happens my power sockets developed an electrical problem which caused my desktop hard disk to fail. I installed a new OS on a new HDD and this time just the Samsung drivers, NO KIES, then Odin etc. And voilla! The first time I flashed a big green success! I can hardly believe this problem has not been already proved. It seems to apply equally to XP and 7!

Last edited by kalpetros; 19th August 2014 at 10:38 PM.
19th August 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

118 posts
More
I had it installed previously. But temoved it recently but left the drivers from it installed. Don't know if that would matter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #6  
Flag 35.34, 25.13

174 posts
More
Quote:

I had it installed previously. But temoved it recently but left the drivers from it installed. Don't know if that would matter.

Remove the drivers and install them again.

Download drivers here
21st August 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

118 posts
More
I got it! I just had to set everything up and then plug in my phone. Instead of having it plugged in before time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread