No registration required

[Q] internal storage is gone after "Switch SD"

OP Hoka-Hey

21st August 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

39 posts
More
Hi, I can't post in the dedicated forum yet but maybe my question can be raised here:

I flashed the "Switch SD" Mackay kernel ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532813 ) on top of the normal one and indeed my external SD card of 32Gb shows up as "USB-Storage" and all apps seem to work OK.

In the proces the original internal storage has gone missing, how do I get it back?
21st August 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag 35.34, 25.13
Thanks Meter: 29

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-Hey

Hi, I can't post in the dedicated forum yet but maybe my question can be raised here:

I flashed the "Switch SD" Mackay kernel ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532813 ) on top of the normal one and indeed my external SD card of 32Gb shows up as "USB-Storage" and all apps seem to work OK.

In the proces the original internal storage has gone missing, how do I get it back?

I don't think you can get it back. I've never used the Switch SD kernel but I think the whole point of it is to replace the internal card with your external card. If that is the case then the internal card might stop working.
21st August 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpetros

I don't think you can get it back. I've never used the Switch SD kernel but I think the whole point of it is to replace the internal card with your external card. If that is the case then the internal card might stop working.

In recovery mode the internal card is visible and can be mounted via usb but in normal mode the only thing present is the external 32 gb card.

there must be a way to make use of both but in reverse order.
21st August 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag 35.34, 25.13
Thanks Meter: 29

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-Hey

In recovery mode the internal card is visible and can be mounted via usb but in normal mode the only thing present is the external 32 gb card.

there must be a way to make use of both but in reverse order.

Maybe it's something wrong with fstab.aries. If that's the case then you can't do anything because changes to fstab.aries are done before compiling the kernel. Ask kasper_h about this. He might be able to help you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread