Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] internal storage is gone after "Switch SD"

Tip us?

Hoka-Hey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] internal storage is gone after "Switch SD"

Hi, I can't post in the dedicated forum yet but maybe my question can be raised here:

I flashed the "Switch SD" Mackay kernel ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532813 ) on top of the normal one and indeed my external SD card of 32Gb shows up as "USB-Storage" and all apps seem to work OK.

In the proces the original internal storage has gone missing, how do I get it back?

kalpetros
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-Hey View Post
Hi, I can't post in the dedicated forum yet but maybe my question can be raised here:

I flashed the "Switch SD" Mackay kernel ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532813 ) on top of the normal one and indeed my external SD card of 32Gb shows up as "USB-Storage" and all apps seem to work OK.

In the proces the original internal storage has gone missing, how do I get it back?
I don't think you can get it back. I've never used the Switch SD kernel but I think the whole point of it is to replace the internal card with your external card. If that is the case then the internal card might stop working.

Hoka-Hey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpetros View Post
I don't think you can get it back. I've never used the Switch SD kernel but I think the whole point of it is to replace the internal card with your external card. If that is the case then the internal card might stop working.
In recovery mode the internal card is visible and can be mounted via usb but in normal mode the only thing present is the external 32 gb card.

there must be a way to make use of both but in reverse order.

kalpetros
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-Hey View Post
In recovery mode the internal card is visible and can be mounted via usb but in normal mode the only thing present is the external 32 gb card.

there must be a way to make use of both but in reverse order.
Maybe it's something wrong with fstab.aries. If that's the case then you can't do anything because changes to fstab.aries are done before compiling the kernel. Ask kasper_h about this. He might be able to help you.