Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for custom ROM

Tip us?

o0klocek0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for custom ROM

Hi.

I'm tired of performance of my I9000 and I don't want to spend money for new phone.
I know that there's thousands of threads like that, but at most of them people recommend kitkat roms, which are really crappy.
I tried a lot of custom ROMs (most of them based on JB).

I'm using my phone as navigation, music player, a little bit web browser (no gaming) and of course phone things like sms.

Now I got GamerzROM based on 4.2.2 with swap on SD card and without OC (when I OC my phone, google maps + 3G makes it really hot).
I don't care of version of android, it can be CM7, stock or something. I need only stable rom for these basic things.
For now, using stock CM SMS app or google maps with swiftkey is almost impossible.

Thanks.

knuckles1978
Old
(Last edited by knuckles1978; 26th July 2014 at 05:43 PM.) Reason: [URL][/URL]
Thanks Meter 276
You're wrong about KK ROMs.

KitKat ROMs run faster than any other android version. I suggest doing a full wipe and trying out CM11 with a decent custom kernel.

And this is a question, which should be in Q&A forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to knuckles1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o0klocek0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So which one should I try? One of official CM or custom like SlimKat, MackayROM ? And which kernel ? Semaphore, Mackay ?

Thanks and sorry for posting in wrong category.

Yousuf_Doodle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0klocek0o View Post
So which one should I try? One of official CM or custom like SlimKat, MackayROM ? And which kernel ? Semaphore, Mackay ?

Thanks and sorry for posting in wrong category.
Did you try Resurrection Remix?
The Following User Says Thank You to Yousuf_Doodle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o0klocek0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sure, I tried it.
It doesn't see my sim card (i can't enter PIN and signal bar is blank). I tried to fresh install (from cm11), factory reset, format /system, clear dalvik etc., and it's not fast at all.

Yousuf_Doodle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What type ROM do you like most?
for example a rom like Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Or Fully Customizable roms

o0klocek0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know, why I got problem with Resurrection Remix - my imei was broken after flashing new rom (new partition layout or something), now when I restored it and give RR another try, it looks really nice (highly customizable rom and it's not as slow as I thought). I only got some problems with quick settings selection (it's little bugged ?).

Quote:
What type ROM do you like most?
I like customizable roms, but if it is at the expense of performance I would choose rom without any options.

For now I'm testing Resurrection Remix.

kalpetros
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0klocek0o View Post
Sure, I tried it.
It doesn't see my sim card (i can't enter PIN and signal bar is blank). I tried to fresh install (from cm11), factory reset, format /system, clear dalvik etc., and it's not fast at all.
Did you flash RR straight from stock?

TLH11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
CM11 with Semaphore at 1.2Ghz Noop should be fast. Dont full the phone with a lot of apps and make use of the privacy settings to avoid apps like facebook keeping alive. If they kept, kill the services and processes of the app. GL!