[Q] Strategies for comparing the responsiveness of ROMs - what would you recommend?

OP djscorchio

12th February 2015, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vác
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
More
I think most of the people here can relate to my experience: on my SGS, I've been replacing ROMs quite a lot, but I'm not really satisfied with the current results and would like to get a bit more scientific so it won't take days to figure out whether I should keep a ROM or not. What are the best strategies that can be used for testing a ROM in a short time? I have some ideas, but I would appreciate if you could add yours:
  • Use benchmark software, for example AnTuTu. (Is this sufficient as a benchmark, or would you recommend additional tools?)
  • Try to play FLAC files while stressing the device to see whether playback will pop or not. (Currently I'm using the SGS as my main music player so it's critical for me.)
  • Check the responsiveness of the launcher. (I'm always under the impression that my launcher is slower than it should, I'm not really sure about what to do with this.)
  • Call the phone from another phone and check how long it takes to display the caller id. (Sometimes it takes crazy long for me currently. It would be nice to use my phone as a phone sometimes, wouldn't it? )
(off: this one could be called the ROM ritual as well.)
Last edited by djscorchio; 12th February 2015 at 12:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
benchmark, testing
Previous Thread Next Thread