Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No data in Carbon ROM.

Tip us?

openletter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default No data in Carbon ROM.

I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T and couldn't resolve the issue of why I don't have data working.

Can anyone help me to figure out why I can't get data with this ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Free mobile app

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2669
Being this phone has T-Mobile radio bands the first you need to do is unlock it, which if you have the ability to make phone calls I assume you did this or someone did for you
Also you will need proper APN set up, this should have been something you tried spending an hour on the phone with ATT. So that leads me to believe that there is an alternative APN setup that you need, just do a Google search and you will probably find a couple setups out there and try them all
Do note that you probably will get lower data speeds being this phone isn't working with the bands that ATT uses - but I'm a T-Mobile user so haven't specifically tried to get mine to work thus have no experience to help further

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

openletter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Being this phone has T-Mobile radio bands the first you need to do is unlock it, which if you have the ability to make phone calls I assume you did this or someone did for you
Also you will need proper APN set up, this should have been something you tried spending an hour on the phone with ATT. So that leads me to believe that there is an alternative APN setup that you need, just do a Google search and you will probably find a couple setups out there and try them all
Do note that you probably will get lower data speeds being this phone isn't working with the bands that ATT uses - but I'm a T-Mobile user so haven't specifically tried to get mine to work thus have no experience to help further

I forgot to mention that data was working fine with the stock ROM, both the one the phone came with and the OTA upgrade version.

openletter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just installed CM 11 snapshot M8, and have the same issue of no data. Prior to installing (through TWRP 2.7.1.0), I did a factory reset, then wiped Dalvik Cache, System, Cache, and Data.

Why would would the stock ROM work but not these others?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2669
Did you go into settings and change the APN in cm11 yet?

The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

openletter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Did you go into settings and change the APN in cm11 yet?

That did it! I had to select ATT Phone. For whatever reason, ATT LTE doesn't seem compatible. I live in the hills, so have inconsistent coverage, but the indicator goes from 3G, to H, to H+, then back again, based on... wind, clouds, barometric pressure, or whatever the usual issues are. Anyway, I've been with AT&T since 05 and the only time I actually saw a noticeable increase in real-world speed was going from an EDGE device to a 3G device. 4G doesn't seem to be any faster, which I believe is due to backhaul issues, not connection speed of my phone to a tower.