[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84Q] SlimKat - i777 [UNOFFICIAL]

OP cyril279

22nd May 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,369

651 posts

<<< THESE ARE UNOFFICIAL BUILDS || THE I777 IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY THE SLIM TEAM >>>
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

YouTube Channel - Feature demonstrations, reviews, tips & tricks.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

<<< Download Unofficial i777 Builds Here >>>

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

**Coming from any pre-4.4 firmware...
The installation instructions still apply. Be sure that you are using a kernel with either CWM 6.0.4.4+, or TWRP 2.6.3.0+.

SlimRoms' 4.4.X kernel uses TWRP 2.7.0.1 (included in the firmware), and can be found in the i777 slimkat download repository

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.4.2][01/04]SlimKat - I9100 [Build 4][WEEKLIES], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Bringup&Maintenance credit:
@fronti90 | Michael Braun
@HardCorePawn | Jared Yates

Significant device contribution:
@Entropy512 | Andrew Dodd
@codeworkx | Daniel Hillenbrand

OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP
Last edited by cyril279; 17th September 2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: pre-4.4 installation instructions
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #2  

651 posts
Known Issues:
  • SDCard/Fuse Daemon issues (aka "Music Playback Bug"). On extended music play it can suddenly happen that the playback stops.
  • Camcorder - Zoom on 1080p mode is buggy see below for "workaround"

Notes:
  • If you are running on ART, and you're having issues with an app... check this list to see whether app is known to have issues with ART.
  • Zoom on 1080p mode "sometimes" works... if you set camcorder to 1080p, switch to camera, change res so zoom starts working again, and then switch back to camcorder... zoom will work on 1080p However, if you turn the screen off, or close and re-open the camera, the zoom will be broken again Also, once it stops working on camcorder, it'll probably stop working on camera as well until you change the resolution/picture size

4.4 mini-FAQ
  • Q) My recovery won't flash the 4.4 zip... aka "Status 7 error"... what do I do?
  • A) Get the i9100_SlimKat_4.4.2_compat_recovery zip from this post... flash it... reboot to recovery... be amazed by new TWRP recovery... then:
    • Wipe - Advanced - Select cache, dalvik, system (and Data if you want FULL wipe)
    • Install Slim ROM + Slim Gapps
    • Reboot
    • Profit!
  • Q) Root doesn't work!
  • A) From a clean build you need to enable root access for Superuser itself. This is different from some earlier versions of android (4.2 and below) in which Superuser by default had root access on a new install. To do this, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. If an app attempts to request root access before Superuser itself has access, it may cause problems with that app in the future where root requests are silently denied.
  • Q) Developer Options? What Developer Options? I don't see that in Settings??!?
  • A) By default, this is conveniently hidden from view... as it does contain settings and options that can (and will) break stuff if you don't know what you're doing. If you require access to this, Settings -> About Phone... Then tap on the Build Number 7 times.
  • Q) How to change DPI?
  • A) Currently, this feature hasn't been ported... so either change ro.sf.lcd_density to the desired value in /system/build.prop, or you'll need to install Texdroider DPI from the playstore.
  • Q) I upgraded and lost my sim unlock, none of the unlock tools are working?
  • A) Unfortunately, I have nothing but Bad News™ for you Seems Samsung locked everything down and Google played along... Get a "proper" (aka carrier) unlock... or use older versions of Android... There is nothing we can do
  • Q) Music just randomly stops playing... and then won't work properly until reboot and/or drains battery?
  • A) Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot we can do. Due to new SDCard handling and issues with FUSE, there is a strange quirk with Exynos4 devices like i9100 and n7000 where the system freaks out and dies... users have had various levels of success trying some of the following workarounds: 1. format sdcards with ExFAT (apparently can cause issues with backups and/or GPS apps??)... 2. Put all your music on internal SD...

More details can be found in this OmniROM thread...
Last edited by cyril279; 23rd May 2014 at 12:39 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #3  

651 posts
<<< Download Unofficial Builds Here >>>
Built from Slim Source, no changes whatsoever.

I, Cyril, am not a developer or maintainer of any sort
These are UNOFFICIAL builds, this device is no longer supported by the Slim-team.
The goal is to provide yet another Android 4.4 option for the SGH-i777.
I plan to build as time permits; no sooner than weeklies, and I'll be sure to capture stable releases.

Massive thanks to the @SteveMurphy, @RenderBroken, @razen_kain, @creepyncrawly, @4-2ndtwin, @nimper (and all of the i777 community) for the continued encouragement and support.

Speaking of community support, if the builds develop issues I will need your help finding and ironing out solutions. The biggest tip will be to see whether it's affecting the i9100 or n7000, and what they're doing about it.
If the builds start crashing, well that may be the end of SlimKat on the i777.

Happy Flashing
-Cyril

Last edited by cyril279; 2nd June 2014 at 12:53 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,577

891 posts
Great work.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,286

1,292 posts
More
Yes, a very proud day!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Parkersburg
Thanks Meter: 37

88 posts
More
Awesome! A new ROM to add to my collection. Thanks Cyril :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent out from my RR Kit Kat Phone
23rd May 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 65

334 posts
Thanks for doing this. I will have to try it out in a few days. I just installed SOKP. Gonna give that a few days.
Anything not working that is easy to see such as GPS, etc. I was on PACROM for a long time and it seems to be killing my battery not to mention the GPS doesn't work on it.
23rd May 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 318

369 posts
More
Another new play toy. Awesome! Does this come with the correct modem, kernel, etc? Or do we need to flash them separate? I have all those if needed, just curious. Downloaded the ROM and Slim Minimal GAPPS to have something to play with while the kids are at school tomorrow.

Thanks for the port! Looking forward to trying it out!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd May 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #9  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,198

2,170 posts
More
This is awesome man! Just got home from work. I'm all over it
23rd May 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,286

1,292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekyNimrod

Another new play toy. Awesome! Does this come with the correct modem, kernel, etc? Or do we need to flash them separate?

Modem and kernel are included, although the latter will be stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread