[Q] Galaxy SII i777 Custom ROM, lose unlock?

Search This thread
Hi guys

I'm planning to buy a SII from AT&T's (i777) as I searched and is the SII version I like the most. I'm in Colombia, southamerica and I'll buy a factory unlocked cellphone but I want to know if there's a problem with flashing a ROM like Cyanogenmod, can the phone get locked to AT&T's SiM cards or something like that??

Thanks in advance

jthatch12

Mar 24, 2012
Florida
Hi guys

I'm planning to buy a SII from AT&T's (i777) as I searched and is the SII version I like the most. I'm in Colombia, southamerica and I'll buy a factory unlocked cellphone but I want to know if there's a problem with flashing a ROM like Cyanogenmod, can the phone get locked to AT&T's SiM cards or something like that??

Thanks in advance

If it's unlocked it'll stay unlocked until locked again :good: regardless of roms you flash. In other words, you'll be all set. Buy the phone, flash cyanogenmod and call it a day! Welcome to the forums

Shostock3 is known to lose sim unlock.
That's why I want to be sure, I never bought any operator locked phone and less from other country operator, I don't know how does it work with this phone since is a variation from AT&T, it's not an international version sim locked. You know if this phone can come unlocked from factory indeed or if is unlocked by any code instead??, for me is very important to be 100% sure since I'm out of US, want the phone and customization options as I don't like touch wiz that much

Thanks for your replies

RatusNatus

May 24, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Man, is not hard to unlock this phone.
You can unlock it by code BUT no one uses codes.
We do use some app from android store.
Check Galaxsim. There are others.

Go for it!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cristianpark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

Thanks in advance

If it's unlocked it'll stay unlocked until locked again :good: regardless of roms you flash. In other words, you'll be all set. Buy the phone, flash cyanogenmod and call it a day! Welcome to the forums

Shostock3 is known to lose sim unlock.

Go for it!

Go for it!

I thought most people used codes. Ask att and bam you have it

Sent from my GS4 running CM11 Kandy Kane
    I thought most people used codes. Ask att and bam you have it

Sent from my GS4 running CM11 Kandy Kane

Just root the phone when it is running stock ROM and use sgs unlock free as well without telling evil at&t anything!

Cheers,
    Charlie

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2