Ask a question

No registration required

Where is CWM 6.0.4.4?

OP countercharge

27th August 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
I'm trying to install carbonrom on my I777, but the guide tells me to install CWM 6.0.4.4. I cannot find the zip for this recovery anywhere on this forum (at least for this phone). The thread provides a link to 6.0.4.5 for a different version of the S2, but no link for 6.0.4.4. Where is this zip located?

And yes, I have searched. I can only find this CWM for other phones, but not the i777.
27th August 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 126

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countercharge

I'm trying to install carbonrom on my I777, but the guide tells me to install CWM 6.0.4.4. I cannot find the zip for this recovery anywhere on this forum (at least for this phone). The thread provides a link to 6.0.4.5 for a different version of the S2, but no link for 6.0.4.4. Where is this zip located?

And yes, I have searched. I can only find this CWM for other phones, but not the i777.

Pretty sure you can use Brett's Shift Kernel (CWM Version) for what you want.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to desteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,473

688 posts
The OP mentions that you need to use a specific recovery, but the fact that the recovery for the i777 is a part of the kernel is not as explicitly mentioned.

Desteele has directed you a kernel that includes an appropriate recovery to install any android 4.4.x firmware.

Happy Flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by countercharge

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
SGH-i777 shift kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279

The OP mentions that you need to use a specific recovery, but the fact that the recovery for the i777 is a part of the kernel is not as explicitly mentioned.

Desteele has directed you a kernel that includes an appropriate recovery to install any android 4.4.x firmware.

Happy Flashing

Is it possible to get your advice on my next step cyril279? I came from Aocp with CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0. Started at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-959g-t2845008 but could not find the CWM - 6.0.4.4+ he spoke, of only links for the SGH-S959G so I flashed from Sd card using CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0 It was stuck at load screen but i rebooted and finally got the Rom had 1 or 2 random reboots but seems fine now. But i think i did it wrong and want to clean things up a bit, after hours of reading seems this might be best way. I followed desteele link here is what im going to flash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	External SDcard.png
Views:	26
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	2919887  
1st September 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor

688 posts
Your content is okay, but the order should be changed. The goal is to do all of your cleaning BEFORE you flash any firmware.
  1. kernel cleaner
  2. rom wipe
  3. carbon
  4. shift kernel
  5. GApps

edit: realized that your screenshot files were alphabetically sorted, not intended flash order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegon

Is it possible to get your advice on my next step cyril279? I came from Aocp with CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0. Started at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-959g-t2845008 but could not find the CWM - 6.0.4.4+ he spoke, of only links for the SGH-S959G so I flashed from Sd card using CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0 It was stuck at load screen but i rebooted and finally got the Rom had 1 or 2 random reboots but seems fine now. But i think i did it wrong and want to clean things up a bit, after hours of reading seems this might be best way. I followed desteele link here is what im going to flash.

Last edited by cyril279; 1st September 2014 at 01:01 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 126

230 posts
Quote:

Your content is okay, but the order should be changed. The goal is to do all of your cleaning BEFORE you flash any firmware.

1. kernel cleaner
  2. rom wipe
  3. carbon
  4. shift kernel
  5. GApps

edit: realized that your screenshot files were alphabetically sorted, not intended flash order...

What exactly does "Kernel Cleaner" do? If I'm going to do a clean install, I usually use Cook's ROM wipe, but that's it...
1st September 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor

688 posts
My understanding is that the kernel cleaner is used specifically when you want to retain your current firmware installation, and create a clean-slate for kernel installation.

I don't think that it is helpful at all when used WITH the Rom Wipe, which itself formats all of the partitions that store any kernel stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

[...]
COOK'S ROM WIPE
This one formats system, preload, data, and cache. For a FRESH install.
[...]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COOK'S KERNEL CLEANER
This one does everything needed for a clean install of the latest AJK Kernel. Wipes cache, dalvik cache, resets STweaks profile, and fixes permissions.
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by desteele

What exactly does "Kernel Cleaner" do? If I'm going to do a clean install, I usually use Cook's ROM wipe, but that's it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Thumbs up Success
Quote:

My understanding is that the kernel cleaner is used specifically when you want to retain your current firmware installation, and create a clean-slate for kernel installation.

I don't think that it is helpful at all when used WITH the Rom Wipe, which itself formats all of the partitions that store any kernel stuff.

Noted, Done! Perfection! Zero FCs, Zero random reboots, and Zero Gapps issues! I usually have something go wrong on every Rom, but this was a success. Apparently I had garbage left over that could not be wiped from my recovery menu until I used http://d-h.st/szN
Thanks again!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread