[Q] Samsung Galaxy s2 SGH-i777 motherboard

27th September 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17

75 posts
More
Hi guys,
I was installing one of the custom ROMs and i dont know what happened after that... the phone is not booting up... not even in Download / Recovery Mode. i tried
1. Removing battery & putting it back in
2. USB Jig method
3. Riff-box JTag...

Nothing helped. Also, the phone heats up unusually when i insert the battery... Finally after lot of research i found that i777 had eMMC issue & probably it is corrupt, so the only option left for me is to replace the Motherboard. I currently stay in India & there are no shops here which can provide me this phone's motherboard.
Almost, for 2 months i hav been taking this phone to different technicians, but no one could repair it. Now i dont know what to do. Please Advise me.... What can i do to bring this phone to life?
27th September 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
What rom were u trying to install? What rom were u coming from? Please make sure u have an i777 and not an i9100 or i727 by taking out the battery and looking underneath. It will show the model number. The emmc brick bug refers to the ics stock kernel having the "mmc cap erase" turned on or something to that affect. It damages the emmc chip doing a factory reset. So unless u have the stock ics kernel that shouldn't be a problem for u
Last edited by Phalanx7621; 27th September 2012 at 12:04 PM.
27th September 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621

What rom were u trying to install? What rom were u coming from? Please make sure u have an i777 and not an i9100 or i727 by taking out the battery and looking underneath. It will show the model number. The emmc brick bug refers to the ics stock kernel having the "mmc cap erase" turned on or something to that affect. It damages the emmc chip doing a factory reset. So unless u have the stock ics kernel that shouldn't be a problem for u

it is i777... n yes that is the case as u hav mentioned... the emmc is damaged. what next now??
27th September 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Delaware

4,452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctg60000

it is i777... n yes that is the case as u hav mentioned... the emmc is damaged. what next now??

Call att and get a warranty replacement. The damage is irreversible as far as I know. If it truly is hard bricked that is.
28th September 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #5  
Flag THOUSAND OAKS
Thanks Meter: 30

421 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think he said he's in India

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
28th September 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibixzero

I think he said he's in India

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yup.... @Phalanx7621 i am in india
28th September 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag Delaware

4,452 posts
More
Quote:

Yup.... @Phalanx7621 i am in india

Oh geez. Well then... If u know anyone in the us I suppose u could ship it to them have them ship it to att have att ship them a new warranty replacement then have the warranty replacement shipped to u
28th September 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 600

1,625 posts
Thats bad, Got this phone some days back but using it for the past 2/3 days and is running shostockv1 1.9.1 UCKK6 so that means i am safe if i flash custom rom from the dev section, I think this bug came from the stock kernal on ICS is this true ?
28th September 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #9  
Flag Delaware

4,452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkaranrk

Thats bad, Got this phone some days back but using it for the past 2/3 days and is running shostockv1 1.9.1 UCKK6 so that means i am safe if i flash custom rom from the dev section, I think this bug came from the stock kernal on ICS is this true ?

Yes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #10  
Flag Nashville Tn
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Thumbs up buy or buy one on ebay
Quote:

Hi guys,
I was installing one of the custom ROMs and i dont know what happened after that... the phone is not booting up... not even in Download / Recovery Mode. i tried
1. Removing battery & putting it back in
2. USB Jig method
3. Riff-box JTag...

Nothing helped. Also, the phone heats up unusually when i insert the battery... Finally after lot of research i found that i777 had eMMC issue & probably it is corrupt, so the only option left for me is to replace the Motherboard. I currently stay in India & there are no shops here which can provide me this phone's motherboard.
Almost, for 2 months i hav been taking this phone to different technicians, but no one could repair it. Now i dont know what to do. Please Advise me.... What can i do to bring this phone to life?

Replace motherboard your correct.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread