Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Background Video Recording App?

OP sportcourt7

30th August 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
I can't seem to find an app that records video in the background on my phone. I am running Task650 and Ktoonsez's AOKP build 6.8.12. I have tried Secret Video Record, Mobile Hidden Camera, Hidden Camera Spy Camera Free, and a couple others. These don't record video in the background correctly. The videos come out scrambled (with green lines usually). You can tell when the camera is being moved but you can't tell what is being recorded at all. Does anyone know how to fix the problem or of an app that works?
31st August 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
That ACLU secret recording app might work. Don't know if it saves video locally or on their servers though.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jiggabyte For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
Flag North Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
I am having the same problem. The video won't even play for me. Everything else works, just the background process causes it to screw up.
9th January 2013, 07:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcourt7

I can't seem to find an app that records video in the background on my phone. I am running Task650 and Ktoonsez's AOKP build 6.8.12. I have tried Secret Video Record, Mobile Hidden Camera, Hidden Camera Spy Camera Free, and a couple others. These don't record video in the background correctly. The videos come out scrambled (with green lines usually). You can tell when the camera is being moved but you can't tell what is being recorded at all. Does anyone know how to fix the problem or of an app that works?

I am having the same problem
20th April 2013, 03:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Angry i had the same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero202005

I had the same problem

You can use camera pro . Though it is a paid app. But hope you are naughty and find some way... Hope you understand what i mean...
7th July 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcourt7

That's because Android does not allow recording video without showing preview (SurfaceView) to the user. When you hide preview and Android detects it - preview surface will be destroyed. Furthermore then surface is not longer valid - MediaRecorder (which records video) will crash.
All those apps try to overcome this restriction in different ways.

I've also tried to do it and published app: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lofatsoftware.hvc.
I've tested on bunch of different devices and it worked like a charm. You can try it for free and check if it works on your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread