Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reset gone wrong

Tip us?

rbb1robert
Old
(Last edited by rbb1robert; 24th July 2014 at 11:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reset gone wrong

I picked up a used i777 that was posted not to power on.replaced battery.it powered on.the phone is pretty beat up but it worked.problem was it had lock screen.so I wiped and reset.now it boots then immediately shuts down.does this in recovery also.can't get into download mode to reflash.
Phone appears to have kk6 is.couldn't unlock to check.any ideas on how to proceed or to look would be appreciated.

cyril279
Old
Thanks Meter 1038
This still sounds to me like a battery issue (either bad battery, incorrect battery type, or insufficiently charged), if it is constantly rebooting even in download or recovery mode.

You have posted a question about AOCP's dialer. Have you gotten past this rebooting issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb1robert View Post
I picked up a used i777 that was posted not to power on.replaced battery.it powered on.the phone is pretty beat up but it worked.problem was it had lock screen.so I wiped and reset.now it boots then immediately shuts down.does this in recovery also.can't get into download mode to reflash.
Phone appears to have kk6 is.couldn't unlock to check.any ideas on how to proceed or to look would be appreciated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbb1robert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Dailer for my every day phone.
Boot problem is on a phone I bought to repair.
The battery came out of a working i777 that had cm7/cm10/aocp kitkat.It worked fine on all ROMs flashed.And it was fully charged.
The phone boots fully into os or recovery.Then shuts down.Not boot
looping startup screen.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app