Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random reboots?

Tip us?

CrisRS92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Random reboots?

Hi ... I've had problems with cell as random reboots.
I have had this problem on stock ICS, then with stock JB, and i decided to fix it, I gave root permissions and install v4.0 SHOstock3 but restarts have followed.
I also bought another battery and the problem persists.
What could it be?
Thank you for the help. (I use google translate)

david72262
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Have you formatted internal SD could have a bad file left on it. Fixed my issue a while back
SGH-S959G
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to david72262 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SteveMurphy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,257
Also could be bad power button. If you've had this across multiple firmwares I would look into that as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CrisRS92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When I have more time I will try to format the internal sd.
Important to mention that when it restarts is more in times to immediately connect to the charger . I do not know if it can be something internal.

SteveMurphy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisRS92 View Post
When I have more time I will try to format the internal sd.
Important to mention that when it restarts is more in times to immediately connect to the charger . I do not know if it can be something internal.
There's long been a connection between random reboots and batteries that aren't fully compatible with the i777, like i9100 batteries and other 3rd party ones. While they'll likely work most of the time some users reported problems while charging.

I would check to see if you have this issue with the original stock battery first. If you do I would say it's more likely to be the power button, rather than the USB charging port
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CrisRS92
Old
(Last edited by CrisRS92; 18th September 2014 at 03:37 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy View Post
There's long been a connection between random reboots and batteries that aren't fully compatible with the i777, like i9100 batteries and other 3rd party ones. While they'll likely work most of the time some users reported problems while charging.

I would check to see if you have this issue with the original stock battery first. If you do I would say it's more likely to be the power button, rather than the USB charging port
I have 2 batteries, original i777, and other generic for s2, maybe the i9100. However, the problem persists with both batteries, I bought the second thinking that the original was the problem, but no.
About the power button, I do not feel any problem to either the enceder or off, it is possible that this is the problem? How could I fix it?
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I just remember that before had had problems with the power button for 2 weeks, but then it worked normal and I had forgotten. Is there any solution?

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,025

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisRS92 View Post
I have 2 batteries, original i777, and other generic for s2, maybe the i9100. However, the problem persists with both batteries, I bought the second thinking that the original was the problem, but no.
About the power button, I do not feel any problem to either the enceder or off, it is possible that this is the problem? How could I fix it?
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I just remember that before had had problems with the power button for 2 weeks, but then it worked normal and I had forgotten. Is there any solution?
The normal symptoms of a failed power button are that the button itself will not work, and the phone will spontaneously boot up when you insert the battery. A failing power button can have various intermittent symptoms.

Power button replacement is not the type of repair that one can easily do themselves. It requires specialized equipment, see video. You can send the phone out for repair. Mobile Tech Videos is a trusted repair shop (Los Angeles area). There are others who do the same thing. Check ebay. It should cost about $30 to $40 plus the cost of shipping the phone to them, depending on who you use.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]