Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 53,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGH-i777 reverts back CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0.

Tip us?

Rhaegon
Old
(Last edited by Rhaegon; 1st September 2014 at 05:14 AM.) Reason: mistake
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] SGH-i777 reverts back CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0.

I am not sure what to call my problem, therefore searching the forums has lead me into some great info but still wondering what happened to my device. So hear goes! After a couple of days of reading forums I came to the decision that CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0 might be causing me problems because TheGeekyNimrod (TY for carbon rom BTW) recommended rogersb11 Shift kernel and someone linked this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38199542 So I put that on my SD card with other things including the Rom and Gapps which were running fine except for a couple reboots. Anyway I did the 3 finger salute and did a factory wipe+cache+Dalvik then installed .Zip Cooks kernel cleaner and rom wipe. Thought i was ready for my new/better kernel Shift-4.8-CM.zip so installed it then 3 fingers held down Wow now im in Philz touch how easy was that? I install my rom and gaps reboot and it jumps to CMW6050 scared the crap outa me there idk what happened im just glad its not bricked! i installed rom and gaps phone is fine but what did i do wrong ? Ty for all and any replies.

SGH-i777 running CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140828-1716-i777.zip
SM-T310 running cm-11-20140806-UNOFFICIAL-lt01wifi.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XDA.png
Views:	13
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	2920152  

desteele
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegon View Post
I am not sure what to call my problem, therefore searching the forums has lead me into some great info but still wondering what happened to my device. So hear goes! After a couple of days of reading forums I came to the decision that CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0 might be causing me problems because TheGeekyNimrod (TY for carbon rom BTW) recommended rogersb11 Shift kernel and someone linked this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38199542 So I put that on my SD card with other things including the Rom and Gapps which were running fine except for a couple reboots. Anyway I did the 3 finger salute and did a factory wipe+cache+Dalvik then installed .Zip Cooks kernel cleaner and rom wipe. Thought i was ready for my new/better kernel Shift-4.8-CM.zip so installed it then 3 fingers held down Wow now im in Philz touch how easy was that? I install my rom and gaps reboot and it jumps to CMW6050 scared the crap outa me there idk what happened im just glad its not bricked! i installed rom and gaps phone is fine but what did i do wrong ? Ty for all and any replies.

SGH-i777 running CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140828-1716-i777.zip
SM-T310 running cm-11-20140806-UNOFFICIAL-lt01wifi.zip
Well, when you flashed the ROM over the top of the Shift kernel, you let the kernel that was contained in the ROM take precedence. If you do it again, flash the kernel you want AFTER the ROM, then gapps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]