SII Help boot loop

OP Needle_Twist

3rd August 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a SII i777. I have been testing roms on the phone sense I bought it. I was testing C-ROM for Galaxy S2! [Android 4.4.4/Floating Multi-Window]. I was letting my phone charge. When I went to check the time I noticed it was in a boot loop. I booted into recovery formatted the normal stuff still boot loop. I ran Mr-Cook script rom whip, kernel whip reapplied the rom then the Gapp and then the shift kernel. Still boot loop. Please help i must be over looking something.
4th August 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,362

649 posts
I suggest installing one thing at a time to isolate the point of bootloop.

Install i777-omni/slim/shostock (no gapps, no custom kernel).
-if bootloop, flash stock distribution as final test (a weak/damaged battery can cause a bootloop)
-if no bootloop, then wipe again and add gapps, but still no custom kernel
-if no bootloop, then add custom kernel
-etc.

-Cyril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle_Twist

I have a SII i777. I have been testing roms on the phone sense I bought it. I was testing C-ROM for Galaxy S2! [Android 4.4.4/Floating Multi-Window]. I was letting my phone charge. When I went to check the time I noticed it was in a boot loop. I booted into recovery formatted the normal stuff still boot loop. I ran Mr-Cook script rom whip, kernel whip reapplied the rom then the Gapp and then the shift kernel. Still boot loop. Please help i must be over looking something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread