Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck in boot loop, won't allow odin flash, and factory data reset does nothing

OP gabrielkhein

27th August 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I have a galaxy s2 sgh-s959g that is stuck in boot loop. I have attempted to flash my factory firmware via odin and when I do odin gives me a green PASS light and my phone says reads it as installed until it goes to reboot then it just goes right back into boot loop. What can I do besides taking a sledge hammer to my phone and then grinding all of the pieces in a blender, drinking them in a toxic milkshake, crapping it out all over the place, and then ghetto stomping the remains into the carpet as I light it on fire? Sorry, if you can't tell I'm livid pissed about this (0 sleep isn't helping). This has happened before, but I was able to fix it last time. And I have already done factory data reset (does absolutely nothing). Your help is sincerely appreciated.
1st September 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
Stuck in boot loop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielkhein

I have a galaxy s2 sgh-s959g that is stuck in boot loop. I have attempted to flash my factory firmware via odin and when I do odin gives me a green PASS light and my phone says reads it as installed until it goes to reboot then it just goes right back into boot loop. What can I do besides taking a sledge hammer to my phone and then grinding all of the pieces in a blender, drinking them in a toxic milkshake, crapping it out all over the place, and then ghetto stomping the remains into the carpet as I light it on fire? Sorry, if you can't tell I'm livid pissed about this (0 sleep isn't helping). This has happened before, but I was able to fix it last time. And I have already done factory data reset (does absolutely nothing). Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Can you access Download mode?

If you can, restart the procedure.
2nd September 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Download and Recovery Mode still work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalvet

Can you access Download mode?

If you can, restart the procedure.

Yeah, I can get into download and recovery modes fine. But I've tried reflashing the stock firmware on a few times now and Odin gives me the green pass light while my phone reboots into boot loop mode.
2nd September 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,090

2,505 posts
Donate to Me
Boot into recovery and perform a wipe data/factory reset. May help.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread